Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

“Skip to Main Content” on top of page?? 

paul@moodandmind.com

Total Posts:  65

I just installed 1.0 and see a “Skip To Main Content>>” link at the top of the page.

What is the purpose of this link and how do I get rid of it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Syndia

Total Posts:  38
Netherlands, The

It is used to skip the page header, so visitors are viewing directly the page content, fast page scroll element.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paul@moodandmind.com

Total Posts:  65

Well, just like the Magento demo store, my pages ARE all basically the main content, so I’d really like to get rid of this link. How do I do that?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

In general that link doesn’t show up if the CSS files are loaded properly.  It’s set to “no-display” and “no-display” is defined in boxes.css I believe.  It’s good to leave it in because it helps provide accessibility for screen readers and others less graphical browsers.  If it’s showing up at all, it sounds like something is maybe a little off with the CSS files and I’d check those first.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community