Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

restreint acces

Madrilene

Total Posts:  17

Hi

first of all excuse my so bad english, i’ll try to be clear.

I just discover Magento.

I would like to know, if in the 1.0 release, it’s possible :

* NOT to deliver automatically login and password : in fact to have a validation step for registration online asks and to allox only approved registed customer to enter the catalogue (i know it’s tottaly on the oppsite of what is usaully done for performing merchant sites, but it’s what i want wink

* to manage customers by groups : every groups could have diifferent permissions and so will not acces necessarely to the same content inside the site
( I saw on “ubercart” (the e commerce’s module for drupal) this function that could alllow to do a part of what i ask :
http://livetest.ubercart.org/product/uberfriend)

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Madrilene

Total Posts:  17

Hello Danieln

thanks for anserwing.

The point with Ubercart, was in fact to give an example of a function implemented wich is not totally what i could expect for but quite similar. In this example, you can allow acces some parts of the site to the only users who join (ind in the case paid for membership) a club.

It means you can discriminate the kind of web user and drive difernet area that can be viewed or not. And that’s what i would need.... And i can imagine, that with a source of inspiration it’s easier to programm wink

sincerely yours

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community