Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom modules url not working after restoring

jordipuig

Total Posts:  12

Hi, I’m trying to move my magento data to another server.
I did all that’s explained in this article (Article):
Backup app,skin,media and the DB data.
Install a fresh copy of magento in the new server.
Then restore the files (also local.xml with proper DB changes), and the DB data.
Updated the core_config_data table to point to the new base urls.

I had a trouble with apache config, which worked well in the first server, but I must change to AllowOverride to All in the new server (in order to allow url redirection like admin section).

But now I’m facing a wierd situation: I have multiple custom modules, each one with its custom router (url), but some of them work and others throw an 404 error.
I re-uploaded the entire modules (including the xml files in modules dir), checked that they are currently enabled in magento config, and reloaded the data in the DB, but I got no luck. There are 3 modules that are not working and 2 that work well (same before and after the re-uploading).

So is somebody know any setting I can check, I’d appreciate it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jordipuig

Total Posts:  12

SOLVED!
I found a post in StackOverflow from Alan Storm that guide me throw the way. That 2 modules that didn’t run had its controller names as indexController.php instead of IndexController.php, so the mayus made magento throw the error. The wierd thing was that it run ok in my Mac OSX…

Magento Community
Magento Community

zesttech

Total Posts:  31
London, UK

Good to know, magento coding is case sensitive. Index written with small I or capital I matters a lot. Thanks for the post,

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community