Magento Forum

link to optionally View Standard Website instead iphone view. 

kdoske

Total Posts:  3

First let me just say that this has to be one of the greatest free out of the box extensions for Magento. The only request I have is that there be a link, preferably in the footer, that a viewer could click that would take them to the normal template of the website. (an exclusion to the exclusion so to speak).

I have visited a couple websites with an IPhone theme and sometimes you just need that normal view. Every website with this feature i have visited has this button somewhere. I looked on here but cannot find it for the life of me. If its there my apologies. If it is not then please add as a feature in the next update if possible.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

not a bad idea, similar to facebooks m.facebook.com of course they have touch.facebook.com which is another interface, but i would agree a small link to view the regular site may not be a bad idea.

Magento Community
Magento Community

a1anm
Guru

Total Posts:  318

How do you set it so that iphone users get served this theme by default by regular users get a standard theme?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

http://www.molotovbliss.com/blog/magento-commerce/iphone-magento-theme-compatible-with-android/

Theme exceptions is what you want.

Magento Community
Magento Community

a1anm
Guru

B00MER - 02 January 2010 06:48 PM

http://www.molotovbliss.com/blog/magento-commerce/iphone-magento-theme-compatible-with-android/

Theme exceptions is what you want.

Perfect...thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

a1anm
Guru

Back to the original question.....does anyone know how to add a link which would return the user to the default theme?

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community