Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Urgent HELP… PLEASE

iamjuni

Total Posts:  3

I’m using WAMP

localhost databasename:magento

and root as username

after i click next or proceed

-----------------
The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.
----------------

how will i fix this

http://www.localhost.com/magento/index.php/install/

cant get pass through configuration

and after that this appears
---------------------
Error in file: “C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Catalog\sql\catalog_setup\mysql4-upgrade-0.7.33-0.7.34.php” - SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1061 Duplicate key name ‘UNQ_CATEGORY_PRODUCT’
Trace:
#0 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(292): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(179): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘0.7.33’, ‘0.7.72’)
#2 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(146): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’0.7.33’, ‘0.7.72’)
#3 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(121): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Config.php(263): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(256): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#6 C:\wamp\www\magento\app\Mage.php(557): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’default’, ‘store’, Array)
#7 C:\wamp\www\magento\install.php(125): Mage::app(’default’)
#8 {main}
---------------------

and after that appears i cant access insta..php

and i have to erase the magento folder and extract again to work

please help

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

You said what the problem was yourself:

I’m using WAMP

Yep, give yourself a decent, adult operating system, not some toy that has held up computers for 20+ years. Everything Microsoft is rubbish, just get rid.

Install Ubuntu on your machine, let it do dual boot, and if you is serious about this web development lark, you won’t be booting into Lame-dows in six to eight weeks time, not even for Photoshop or that filthy Excel program that scrambles all your data.

It will take you all of an evening to go Ubuntu, there will be no going back after that, and the above, although not politely put, is the best computer advice you have ever had. Now, get off my lawn and have a great time with Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

View 6 Com

Total Posts:  83
Brighton Sussex UK

Hi

Have to agree with the Ubunto comments, i spent days trying to get xamp / wamp running Magento and then when the Ubunto root and a few hours in.... sorted....

dual boot and you still have windows if you need it… personally i only boot into it when i have to… ;0)

hope this helps…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tommy_Smith

Total Posts:  23

Please define the problem in the title of your thread.  That way, the whole forum becomes useful for everyone.  Imagine if everyone chose titles like yours!!  The whole thing would be a mess.  People would probably try to help you more if you did this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community