Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Any idea what caused this? <solved by reinstall and restore from backup>

llit

Total Posts:  46

I woke up to this hideous error this morning, any idea what caused it and how to fix it? I originally posted this in “how do i”, but perhaps this was a compromised site?

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘sitename_magento.core_url_rewrite’ doesn’t exist
Trace:
#0 /path/to/files//lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array)
#1 /path/to/files//lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(457): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /path/to/files//lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(230): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’SELECT `core_ur...’, Array)
#3 /path/to/files//lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(281): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’SELECT `core_ur...’, Array)
#4 /path/to/files//lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(687): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array)
#5 /path/to/files//app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(310): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow(Object(Varien_Db_Select))
#6 /path/to/files//app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(216): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->load(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Url_Rewrite), ‘’, ‘request_path’)
#7 /path/to/files//app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Url/Rewrite.php(62): Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->load(’’, ‘request_path’)
#8 /path/to/files//app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Url/Rewrite.php(192): Mage_Core_Model_Url_Rewrite->loadByRequestPath(Array)
#9 /path/to/files//app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(147): Mage_Core_Model_Url_Rewrite->rewrite()
#10 /path/to/files//app/Mage.php(459): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#11 /path/to/files//index.php(61): Mage::run()
#12 {main}

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Damian Culotta
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  878
Argentina

I can’t tell you why that table doesn’t exists anymore.
In tha table, Magento saves the the url friendly request url and the real target url.
Like the name says, is a core table.
Maybe you can use a backup to restore that table.

Magento Community
Magento Community

llit

Total Posts:  46

Yeah I just had to replace the db. I tightened up the security and put in better backup procedures.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tuấn

Total Posts:  4

I cannot tell anything.
I am not professional enough to check this :(
anyone can? please check this.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community