Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Supposed to be local.xml file in 1.0 ? 

PaulAlford

Total Posts:  64
Summerville, SC

Is there supposed to be a local.xml file in the app/etc/ folder to start with ?  I see a local.xml.template in there is that the same thing ? 

I had trouble installing 1.0 the first time - got a 403 forbidden error - the install screen wouldnt come up when navigated to it.  I deleted the whole thing and starting to upload the whole thing again.  I am wondering if the downloaded 1.0 zip is missing files ? 

I didnt have this troubel with .9177, which I still have running - just in another folder..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TechBundle

Total Posts:  51

local.xml will not appear until the installation of Magento is initialized.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaulAlford

Summerville, SC

Ah hah, well that explains why I dont have one, since it wont go to the install screen.  I just uploaded the whole 1.0 again and changing permissions… I will cross my fingers this time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaulAlford

Summerville, SC

OK, re-uploaded the whole thing, changed permissions and now get this when I go to http://www.site.com/store/install.php

Warning: Mage_Core_Block_Template::include(/var/www/html/store/app/design/install/default/default/template/page.phtml) [function.Mage-Core-Block-Template-include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 120[0] in Mage_Core_Block_Template::fetchView() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 120[1] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView("install/default/default/template/page.phtml") in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 152[2] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 169[3] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 553[4] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php on line 505[5] in Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 318[6] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 109[7] in Mage_Install_WizardController->beginAction() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 341[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("begin") in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 150[9] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http) in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 147[10] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /var/www/html/store/app/Mage.php on line 424[11] in Mage::run("default") in /var/www/html/store/index.php on line 40

Warning: Mage_Core_Block_Template::include() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘/var/www/html/store/app/design/install/default/default/template/page.phtml’ for inclusion (include_path=’/var/www/html/store/app/code/local:/var/www/html/store/app/code/community:/var/www/html/store/app/code/core:/var/www/html/store/lib:.:/php/includes:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php/lib/php’) in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 120[0] in Mage_Core_Block_Template::fetchView() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 120[1] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView("install/default/default/template/page.phtml") in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 152[2] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 169[3] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 553[4] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php on line 505[5] in Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 318[6] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Install/controllers/WizardController.php on line 109[7] in Mage_Install_WizardController->beginAction() in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 341[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("begin") in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 150[9] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http) in /var/www/html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 147[10] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /var/www/html/store/app/Mage.php on line 424[11] in Mage::run("default") in /var/www/html/store/index.php on line 40

I see something on the first error about not having a template.php file… and I alredy recopied that one file over, but it still says the same error.  Any ideas ?  Store is http://www.WrapitSigns.com/store

Thanks
Paul

Magento Community
Magento Community

PaulAlford

Summerville, SC

I got it !!!!  I kept searching the forum and found another thread that worked for me…

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/1119/

I, too, went to the app/design/install/default/default/template and didnt see the page.phtml file so copied that over and it worked.... I now havean install screen coming up.  NOW, hoping everything goes well with configuring the new install. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community