Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

a word from Simple Helix

SimpleHelixcom
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  906
Huntsville, AL

We know this is not really the right place or the right discussion but recent ploy by our competitors pulled some measures by us.
Simple Helix is a company that stands up for themself and have great pride in this business. Having served over 5 years in this industry and having hosted many of the top traffic sites in L.A., we do not go down easily when confronted against.

But I would love nothing more than to just stop this debate all together. We are all professionals and there are times better spent elsewhere.

We should just all come to a truce and just continue delivering extraordinary support and hosting to our customers.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Perhaps if all the hosting companies on this forum stopped making EVERY post about their services it wouldn’t be such a big ordeal.  Just a thought.  I realize it’s new and exciting for everyone but some of us are just here to check out the product, not every host that wants to take advantage of the hype.  No offense.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nberkopec

Total Posts:  5

Agreed with Sherry.

I too advertise my business on online forums, but really, you should try to be an expert on the topic and be genuinely helpful so your customers will trust you, not try to plug yourself at every turn.

Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

@nberkopec - I absolutely agree with this. We’ll be putting a stop to this from this point on.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community