Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Using diff files on Windows

bauhsoj

Total Posts:  13

I downloaded the latest diff file for Magento but cannot figure out how to get it to run a diff patch on Windows. I tried with TortoiseMerge, but it always gives me the error “is not a working copy” for every file it tries to do the merge on.

What do you use?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

Meld on ubuntu linux - it is awesome. Also, in linux the newlines are not mangled into DOS format. Do yourself a favour, install ubuntu and make your PC dual boot. If you have a second machine use that for Photoshop - everything else is easier on linux once you get started. Do not fear the penguins, the dual boot will not mangle your windows, honest…

Magento Community
Magento Community

bauhsoj

Total Posts:  13

Have tried installing a dual boot Linux three times and each time it has ruined each PC I installed it on (one was actually an Intel based Mac). Suffice to say, I am a bit jaded. Until I can dedicate a computer to it I don’t plan to use Linux except as setup by my web host.

I still need to operate a local copy of the server in the meantime for development purposes.

Any ideas on what to us for the diff file merging? WinMerge is no good for this either.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community