Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I alter the space the logo is written to in the invoice? 

llit

Total Posts:  46

Hi,

I’m having a few problems with the logo and the space it’s drawn into, for the PDF invoices.

I initially found that the logo was ~150x50px and I just scaled mine down and copied it over the original file. That didn’t work because it renders the pdf file directly, not via HTML. The output is stretched into the space and it looks horrid.

/skin/frontend/default/default/images/logo_print.gif

I also tried to copy a new version over the file, but for some reason its still copying the old file into the PDFs. The logo I’d like to use is 144x100, but I’m a bit unsure about how to get that into the space.

Any tips appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

You will have to customise your PDF’s. That is a bit of a job but there are instructions. I think I put something together in the wiki - I am not sure - but, it is do-able.

Actually the PDF invoices are useless. We had to amend ours extensively to use sensible fonts that download and we had to have invoice in screaming caps at the top. We also needed boilerplate and had to move the bottom margin up a few centimeters. Root around on the wiki and PM me if you cannot find any sensible instruction.

Magento Community
Magento Community

llit

Total Posts:  46

It is a miserable procedure I do agree, I guess that is why some people just buy the extension that lets you edit it.  I don;t suppose you know how to add something to the data that appears next to the logo on the regular invoice. I have to add the trading name. I can see it reads from abstract.php, just unsure where abstract.php actually gets THAT data from.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community