Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add external products to the magento shopping-cart

myel

Total Posts:  3

Hello,

i’ve got an unusual question, which may seem stupid, but is needed by a customer:

How much work/customizing would be needed to add external products into the magento shopping-cart that are not present in the actual magento database.

External products would be added with an get-request like this http://www.example.com/checkout/cart/addexternal/?productid=46996-01042908-102131661-D03972&title;=title%20of%20product&price;=24.90 and then be processed just like any other product (yes, you could add random products this way...).

It’s quite hard to explain, so just take a look at this http://www.portal-oncken.de/suche/knvsuche.php example.

Any help or suggestion where to start is appreciated.

Thanks,
myel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

myel

Total Posts:  3

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your fast reply.

I know about the security issues, i even demonstrated it live to my customer, but every other way of implementation will cost fees they are not willing to pay (i could have a completely wsdl based api, but it’s to expensive).

Except for this problem, could you give me an estimation how much time (days smile ) would be needed to customize magento? I’m new to magento, but i suppose the shopping cart is deeply integrated into the existing database and not the easiest part to customize?

Argh damn, i don’t want to go back to xt:C smile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

collinssolutions

Total Posts:  79
USA Arkansas

I am having a similar issue. Only i am using the eBay API. I have all the information i need to build the auction as a product, as in price weight etc. I need to add this to cart so an eBay customer can checkout without having to add the auction to database. I would rather use the Magento API to add all this to cart in code instead of in the url.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community