Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 3
Configurable Products Always Out of Stock v1.0

substrakt_jim

Total Posts:  10
Birmingham, UK

The configurable products display out of stock in v1.0 - presumably as they are showing a quantity of 0 in the product list - yet set to ‘In stock’ in the inventory…
This kind of problem I’d imagine would be due to being in the wrong location in the store selector, but seeing as it’s disappeared in V1.0, I’m out of ideas as to resolve this…

Image Attachments
issue.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

percusionista

Total Posts:  9
Granada, Spain

Hi

Did you set your product as simple, configurable or grouped?

It has happened to me when I set it like grouped.

It seems yor screen on Inventory is too poor

Take a look to my creen on inventory with a simple product

Image Attachments
Inventory.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

substrakt_jim

Total Posts:  10
Birmingham, UK

Yes, with simple products I simply set the quantity and they appear in stock, just fine. It’s the configurable products I’m having issue with.

Magento Community
Magento Community

percusionista

Total Posts:  9
Granada, Spain

So, I think you will need a better help than me.

I’m totally newby, just a couple of hours playng with magento.

Good luck

I’ll be waiting for the right answer, I also want to know the right way to do it
sorry

rasberry

Magento Community
Magento Community

jeanlucb

Total Posts:  60

@percusionista:

Look to your second screenshot, there is a quatity of 6, but the last option is currently set to out of stock.

Magento Community
Magento Community

clintec

Total Posts:  4

I had the same issue… and here is what I found… (possibly a bug).

If you set in the Inventory Configuration a Minimum Quantity for In Stock = 1....
and only have (1) item in your inventory under Manage Products… it will show as Out of Stock

If you set the Minimum Quantity for In Stock = 0
and you have only (1) item in your inventory… the project will show as In Stock.

I hope that this helps… let me know if anybody else experiences this… and if it’s a bug…

Note:  you can validate that this is an issue, simply by setting your product to “In Stock”, clicking “Save”
and re-entering the Inventory and it will automatically flip back to “Out of Stock”, if set incorrectly.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WeeJames

Total Posts:  12

I’m suffering the same problem - unable to set a quantity value when creating a configurable product.  Always shows out of stock despite me settign it to ‘In Stock’ under availability.

Anyone figured this out yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

carlgmathisen

Total Posts:  3

I am experiencing the same problem as WeeJames and substrakt_jim - this happens in 1.0 and the latest svn checkout. In the screencast, it seems like configurable products doesn’t need to bother with Qty in the list, but in the Products list we still have the Qty set to “0” for the configurable products. Yet in the “Edit Product / Inventory” for configurable products, one can only set Stock Availability between In Stock or Out of Stock.

Probably just a small error in our product configurations… Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

carlgmathisen

Ok guys, check this out.

When following the screen cast or tutorial, we are creating the simple products prior to creating the configurable product. I was able to create a working configurable product by:

1. Adding attributes and options
2. Creating my new attribute set
3. Creating a new configurable product
4. Use the “Quick simple product creating” feature under “Edit Product / Associated Products”

For me it only seems to work by using the Quick simple product creating. Can anyone confirm this? I tested this on v1.0 and svn r19150

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

My configurable products show as out of stock on the backend but not on the frontend.  It would be nice if the conigurable inventory was smart enough to add its associated products together and use that number.

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

Total Posts:  141

I have the same problem.

1. I created an attribute with two choices. (Regular or Decaf)
2. Created a configurable product and chose that attribute.
3. Created on quick add product under the original configurable product with (Regular)
4. Created the second quick add product under the original configurable product with (Decaf)
5. Made sure everything was added to my category
6. Made sure quantities are in place (1000 qty)
7. Made sure all are enabled.

Product still shows up as Availability: Out of stock.

http://tinyurl.com/6qske2

Please help....

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

schwaiger

Total Posts:  16

ok i think this works…

1 -> create a configurable product
2 -> save
3 -> ad additional products ( last point in left navigation within your configurable product )
4 -> hit save again

5-> look at your frontend and it should work

hope this helps…

Magento Community
Magento Community

carlgmathisen

tparsons - 18 April 2008 04:49 PM

I have the same problem.
Product still shows up as Availability: Out of stock.

Have you set Stock Availability to In Stock under Inventory of your Simple Product?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

@schwaiger… that’s how I created the options for the configurable product. I have 2 simple products based on the ESPRESSO configurable product.

@carigmathisen… Yes my stock availability is set to in stock with a qty of 1000

I don’t get why it would do this. I have a feeling it’s either something really, really simple that I’m missing or it’s a bug in the system.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

bzsaw

I FIGURED IT OUT

When you have a configurable product and you add associated simple products by going to the bottom left tab in the configurable product. You do a quick add for a product and it shows up on the bottom as a new associated simple product. You can add as many as you wish this way.

Seeing that those products are there you think you can continue working somewhere else in the admin.

To make it work… before leaving your “ASSOCIATED PRODUCTS” screen you need to click “SAVE’ or “SAVE AND CONTINUE EDITING”.

If you don’t do this your associated products will show up as products under your product manager but they will not be associated to that original configurable product, therefore making the original configurable product “OUT OF STOCK”

You can see it working here: http://tinyurl.com/6qske2

Hope that helps others.

Thanks,

Magento Community
Magento Community

schwaiger

Total Posts:  16

as i say

4 -> hit save again

grin