Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I remove the (1) item off the quick links at the top? 

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

I was hoping to remove the word ‘items’ after the My Cart in the top links to just ‘(1)’ or whatever the number of items is in the cart. We are using a background for the top links section which is a certain size, but when items are added to the cart, it pushes everything to the left and text falls off the left side of the background image.
Thanks
Daniel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

team_in_medias

Total Posts:  113
Aachen, Germany

Hi Daniel,

you can simply use the inline translation tool for that. Change ‘My Cart (%s item)’ to ‘My Cart’ and you’re finished grin

Andreas

Image Attachments
ScreenShot1126.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

Thanks Andreas,
Where do I get the Translation tool that you have the screen shot of? I dont see it in my admin anywhere.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pilch

Total Posts:  23
Westcountry, UK

Danielc1234 - 24 July 2008 06:00 AM

Thanks Andreas,
Where do I get the Translation tool that you have the screen shot of? I dont see it in my admin anywhere.

This is a bit of a hidden gem and I hope you’ll spread the word once you know where to get to it Danielc1234!

SYSTEM > Developer (all the way down the bottom left hand side) > Translate Inline > Enabled for Frontend (Yes)

I would strongly advise that you change the ”Developer Client Restrictions” to your preferred I.P aswell, otherwise ANYONE on your store will have the ability to edit your shop.

Regards,

Rich.

p.s I found out loads of hidden gems by having a look round the Magento Blog yesterday.  Theres another one about a similar tweak for assistance with Template Path Hints.  As yet though that one option in my ADMIN gui doesn’t show for some reason.  Read more about that one here

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thejosh13

Total Posts:  252

good fine pilch, should the IP address be our server address or our business computer access IP location?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community