Magento Forum

T-Mobile Demands Website Stop Using The Color Magenta

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/31/deutsche-telekom-t-mobile-demands-engadget-mobile-discontinue/

Wow.  I remember reading awhile back about them having the trademark on the color magenta, but now they are actually enforcing it.  That’s ridiculous.  Whoever granted that trademark should be fired immediately.  Maybe I should trademark the color white so I can sue every paper manufacture.  big surprise
I guess this explains why the Magento logo changed color.  I’m not a t-mobile customer, but if I were I would drop them immediately.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I just read about their color trademark a few days ago - that is completely ridiculous!

Magento Community
Magento Community

harry12bar

Total Posts:  168

Has to be April Fools!
No one can copyright a color (the graphical identity involving color is the copyright)
Nice lolol

Ebay (a while ago) tried to fight over the word BUT-IT-NOW) but it came to a head with amazon (I think) They cant copyright the word BUY-IT-Now Just the graphic and color scheme with graphic but they got into hot water with Amazon with the one click check out (the precess) which is patented…

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

I hate to break it to you, but the stuff about T Mobile trademarking the color was out way before today.  It’s not an April Fools - the new article may be, but not the trademarked color.

http://www.colourlovers.com/blog/2007/11/04/beware-t-mobile-owns-the-color-magenta

Magento Community
Magento Community

USAMerchant

Total Posts:  50

how do u trademark a color? i think im going to trademark air tomarrow… maybe wood also..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ben Marks
Guru

Total Posts:  452
Charleston, SC

"I’d tell a joke about this, but it makes me too ... ANGRY” - Lewis Black

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community