Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento allow customers to customise products? 

jsp_1983

Total Posts:  5

Or at least, is there a freely-available module that can do this?

I have some printed products that I would like customers to be able to customise (for example, putting their names on printed material etc). Is this possible?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

smkorby

Total Posts:  31

I also would like an option to allow the customer to add a name to a product. A comment field as a customization option would work.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cloudquarry
Guru

Total Posts:  528

Out-of-the-box Magento can collect information from the user (text, text-area, or file) on a product level and carry this info through checkout to personalize the items. Look under product options.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jsp_1983

Total Posts:  5

ksolaro - 14 August 2009 05:24 AM

Out-of-the-box Magento can collect information from the user (text, text-area, or file) on a product level and carry this info through checkout to personalize the items. Look under product options.

That sounds even better - thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community