Magento Forum

Suggestions and Feedback? 

poslasticharka

Total Posts:  5
Belgrade, Serbia

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post something like this, but I felt like sharing my expirience wih all of you.

I’m not too active in this community, I started working with magento a little ago. I worked on customizations and a custom module and posted a question here… it went unanswered. It was a simple layout problem, I’m sure that half of you have enough knowledge and experience to answer it with ease. I would do that now. Also one more question left unanswered… It looks like Varien policy (since they published Enterprise) is NOT TO answer to any question about the code. I can’t be sure, but I guess, and it’s their right, if they wanna do that.
However, I’m not sure then why this forum and whole community exists? If you’re not to encourage new members (like me) what do you expect in return? I might be flaming here but hey, this post will probably go unanswered, locked or erased so who cares?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

It’s a P2P help forum and occasionnaly/rarely Varien staff do chime in.

It would be nice if this was more like Experts Exchange where helping others earns you something (like official support credits, or a featured spot in the partners section for example) to encourage people helping people.

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeAD

Total Posts:  47

J.T. - 13 August 2009 07:22 AM

It would be nice if this was more like Experts Exchange where helping others earns you something (like official support credits, or a featured spot in the partners section for example) to encourage people helping people.

I agree, the forum would be greatly enhanced if it could act more like Experts Exchange where topic starters could assign credits / points to people who posted accepted solutions.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community