Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can Magento restrict some enabled payment and delivery methods from appearing in the front end

pieguide

Total Posts:  1

At present, only online credit card transactions are handled by my system. i need to expand this as customers also send in cheques. if i enable the cheque payment module, customers will be given this option when ordering from the front end of the website. this will create even more admin work, and i prefer to only have the payment option in the back end of the cart. can this be done without any extra development work.

I would also like to enable a few shipping options, again only for back end activity.

Thanks

PG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

As far a I know there is an extension, smth like “payment per customer group”. Try to search the magento connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Yes, the extension is Shipping & Payment By Customer Groups . Please contac us if you need more filters (by shipping address, order total or product attributes)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community