Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 3 of 3
Issues specific to the United Kingdom

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Hello,

Someone from pay offline called me to ask if we was still using them, when I told them we are moving from osC to magento they said they did not know about magento but would be happy to talk with them to see if it is possible to get it integrated but they also said because magento is based in the states it they could have issues with time zones to talk.

Is they anyway they can talk to someone in UK or Europe that deals with magento and programming?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ebizmarts
Mentor

Total Posts:  2202
Montevideo, Uruguay

Hi,

Lot of merchants are using Magento to run UK based online stores with great success. Magento has everything you need to setup a online store in the US and the UK (and other European countries too). In example, we have created a payment extension for Protx which is being used by a lot of stores, you can check it here http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/163/protx-direct-payment-module/

If you need specific help on payment issues do not hesitate to post your doubts on the forum, just try to be as detailed as possible to get some attention.

Regards,
Jorge.

Magento Community
Magento Community

HeLiNuT

Total Posts:  4

I came across magento today whilst talking to a client - now having been used to OS and x-cart I was keen to see how this differs.

I’ve installed - though not sure why selecting UK as the locale wasn’t working kept defaulting back to US. Then cannot see unless I’ve gone blind which is a possibility GBP as a currency option. So moved on with the install - now in the back end and have set locale now to UK but still no option to give default currency as GBP.

Do I need an eye test is it sitting infront of me....

Magento Community
Magento Community

HeLiNuT

Total Posts:  4

Ignore previous message, cleaned my glasses and looked again BPS (British Pound Sterling). New one for me....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 3 of 3