Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 3
Issues specific to the United Kingdom

dessol

Total Posts:  5

Have got payments going through from Magento to a clients PayPal Pro account via the Direct method.

The amount is showing up in dollars in PayPal.

So if the order was for £30 it shows as $30 in PayPal.

Does anyone know why, or have any suggestions how to fix this?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dessol

Total Posts:  5

Update to my previous post, in case anyone else has this problem…

Edit: /app/code/core/Mage/Paypal/Model/Api/Abstract.php

Line: 286

from

return $this->getSessionData('currency_code''USD');

to

return $this->getSessionData('currency_code''GBP');

Magento Community
Magento Community

shaun

Total Posts:  39
Todmorden, UK

Hmmm, the USD setting in the function call is just a default value in case currency_code is empty. I wonder why it’s empty. Did you set up currencies in the system config?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Total Posts:  254

Did anyone make any progress with ProTX Direct integration?

If not, any tips on where to start?  Will any work be wasted once Magento goes 1.0?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

redpen - 24 January 2008 05:28 AM

Did anyone make any progress with ProTX Direct integration?

If not, any tips on where to start?  Will any work be wasted once Magento goes 1.0?

This is something I was hoping to work on but have been delayed with other business.  Post any progress you make, and I’ll do likewise.

I’m hoping there won’t be major changes to the payment API before 1.0, but I guess there is no guarantee.

You may find this article a good place to start:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how-to:create-payment-method-module

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

I’ve only just started with Magento, and the page you sent looks like crazy code to me just now.  I’ll see what I can do though.

Magento Community
Magento Community

deviltronics

Total Posts:  7

Has anyone managed to get PROTX working with magento?

Magento Community
Magento Community

simonlilly

Total Posts:  33

Hi another potential UK Magento user here. We currently use Protx as our payment provider too, using VSP Form. PayPal Pro looks an interesting option as you can take the payment without needing to transfer to the Payment Providers website. No matter how well you skin this, it definately effects your conversion ratio.

Any current UK users of PayPal Pro out there? What’s the security checks on payments like and have they implemented 3D Secure yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

simonlilly - 18 February 2008 01:19 PM

Hi another potential UK Magento user here. We currently use Protx as our payment provider too, using VSP Form. PayPal Pro looks an interesting option as you can take the payment without needing to transfer to the Payment Providers website. No matter how well you skin this, it definately effects your conversion ratio.

Any current UK users of PayPal Pro out there? What’s the security checks on payments like and have they implemented 3D Secure yet?

PayPal Pro doesn’t have any 3D Secure yet, as far as I know.  I’ve tried to write the module for ProTX but got nowhere, ProTX integration is the only thing keeping us from jumping right onto Magento…

Magento Community
Magento Community

deviltronics

Total Posts:  7

redpen - 21 February 2008 11:32 PM

PayPal Pro doesn’t have any 3D Secure yet, as far as I know.  I’ve tried to write the module for ProTX but got nowhere, ProTX integration is the only thing keeping us from jumping right onto Magento…

We are in excatly the same position! As soon as PROTX is sorted out, we will move over to Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

deviltronics - 22 February 2008 12:49 AM

redpen - 21 February 2008 11:32 PM

We are in excatly the same position! As soon as PROTX is sorted out, we will move over to Magento.

I’m a pretty competent PHP programmer, but just can’t get my head around the way Magento works in this regard.  Hopefully once 1.0 is out the Wiki will be updated and someone can make some progress.

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

I also would be needing a Protx Form module before switching over to Magento. Also of course Royal Mail postage by weight and zone - UK, Europe, RoW

Magento Community
Magento Community

zemic

Total Posts:  13
n.Wales, UK

Are there plans for Protx (Direct) to be integrated ? I cant see anything on the site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Leezig

Total Posts:  1

Hi , another UK potential Magento integrater here - Protx please somebody!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ebizmarts
Mentor

Total Posts:  2202
Montevideo, Uruguay

I know this is an old thread, but you can find our Magento Protx direct extension here http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/163/protx-direct-payment-module/
Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 3