Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1and1 problems

SoapMedia

Total Posts:  32

I have a 1and1 VPS hosting account (I guess a lot of other people here do too) which is running 8.3 Plesk which as standard runs PHP version 5.0.4

Ive tried the PHP CGI workaround by enable lines 6 - 8 in the htaccess and uploaded the php-cgi file to the cgi bin but i just get the error
“Internal Server Error”

Im hoping someone with a 1and1 VPS account could point me in the right direction as to get magento up and running

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tunersedge

Total Posts:  16

We’re on 1&1;. You’re on the right track, but don’t use the php-cgi workaround. Your 1&1;account has php 5.0 ability. Find this code in your .htaccess file and make sure it is uncommented:

############################################
## this line is specific for 1and1 hosting

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Then re-comment the php-cgi workaround code.

Let me know if that works!

Magento Community
Magento Community

SoapMedia

Total Posts:  32

Aaron & Tim,

thanks for the response. Ive tried that I still get the invalid php version.

are you on a VPS account or shared hosting?

My VPS is running Plesk Fedora Core 4 with Plesk (64 bit) I have a feeling that workaround only works for shared hosting accounts.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community