Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Countries Option Problem

Dustin

Total Posts:  160
Columbus, OH

I went to System->Configuration and wanted to select just the US under country options. I did this and hit save and now everything is in some other language I have no idea. I think it may be Arabic.

Now I have no idea how to select the US back. Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Ross
Guru

Total Posts:  336
Scarborough, North Yorkshire, UK

It sounds like you haven’t got far with your configuration, so if you can’t manage to find your way back to the language settings then why not just re-install.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dustin

Columbus, OH

Well I did install again and went and did the same thing and it turns all text into another language.

I would say this is a bug.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

I also encountered this during my installation when I chose Norwegian. I reported it as a bug, so you dont need to report it one more time.

The “solution” is to just choose a random language in the arabic-list so that the list is readable, and then choose your correct language. Remember to choose your default language as well, then it will be saved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dustin

Columbus, OH

aFFi - 01 April 2008 06:59 AM

I also encountered this during my installation when I chose Norwegian. I reported it as a bug, so you dont need to report it one more time.

The “solution” is to just choose a random language in the arabic-list so that the list is readable, and then choose your correct language. Remember to choose your default language as well, then it will be saved.

I tried selecting a random one to make it more readable, but it stays the same no matter what selection choices I make.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community