Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Replace category link on top menu with other links

ameschino

Total Posts:  7

I’ve red

top navigation in the header of your store typically includes the selection of categories from your catalog

On my top menu I don’t want categories but I want link to other pages. How can I insert theese links on top menu without loose category links on the side menu?

Here is my demo site: http://www.mclight.it/index.php/

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

G_Mehta
Guru

Total Posts:  418
India

I had developed extension to achieve same things, like to show CMS pages into navigation menu, have a look demo:

CMS pages into navigation menu

Cheers,

Magento Community
Magento Community

ameschino

Total Posts:  7

I like the extension but I don\’t want to display the cateogries on top menu and leave them on the left menu.
Is it possible?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranjfahy

Total Posts:  6

You can use code like this in your layout.xml file

<default>
<!-- Mage_Customer -->
<reference name="top.links">

<action method="addLink" translate="label title” module="customer"><label>Home</label><url></url><title>Home</title><prepare>true</prepare><urlParams/><position>5</position></action>

<action method="addLink" translate="label title” module="customer"><label>About</label><url>about-us</url><title>About</title><prepare>true</prepare><urlParams/><position>5</position></action>

<!--<action method="addLink" translate="label title” module="customer"><label>Courses</label><url>courses</url><title>Courses</title><prepare>true</prepare><urlParams/><position>5</position></action>-->

<action method="addLink" translate="label title” module="customer"><label>Delivery</label><url>delivery</url><title>Delivery</title><prepare>true</prepare><urlParams/><position>5</position></action>

<action method="addLink" translate="label title” module="customer"><label>Contact Us</label><url>contacts</url><title>Contact Us</title><prepare>true</prepare><urlParams/><position>5</position></action>

<!--<action method="addLink" translate="label title” module="customer"><label>My Account</label><url helper="customer/getAccountUrl"/><title>My Account</title><prepare/><urlParams/><position>20</position></action>
-->

</reference>
</default>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community