Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Avocado Theme [WIP]

flowstack

Total Posts:  159
London, United Kingdom

Hi Guys,

Here is a sleek, clean, black and green theme called Avocado (work in progress).

http://www.flowstack.com/themes/magento/

I hope it will be the first of many from me.

If you have suggestions to improve it, let me know.

Thanks,

Ed

Image Attachments
flowstack_avocado_theme.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

James B

Total Posts:  19

The overall feel is nice and clean. There is just something in two colum layouts I really like. The color scheme is awesome and overall a good implimentation.
However this theme falls flat in my opinion when it comes to the layerd navigation. I am using a wide screen monitor so this may have something to do with it. However I don’t actually see any products above the fold line. I have to scroll to see the products in there categories which is never a good thing. I would try and reduce the amount of white space around that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the comments, James.

So you are saying the layered navigation is taking up to much space and pushing the products down the page?

I think you are right, especially when a category heading image is present. I plan to make these much slimmer, which will help. I’ll see what else I can do.

Cheers,

Ed

Magento Community
Magento Community

James B

Total Posts:  19

Ed, that is exaclty what i am saying smile although the site feels nice. Another small point, the search looks a little in the wild currently. But its looking very good altogether.

Magento Community
Magento Community

flowstack

London, United Kingdom

Hehe yeah that pesky search bar! It needs a good home!

Magento Community
Magento Community

sherrie
Mentor

Total Posts:  1655
Waterloo, ON

Hmmm, I can’t help but feel that the right column is so large that it overpowers everything else.  No matter how much I try to look at the main content I get distracted by it.  Maybe shrink it some?

Magento Community
Magento Community

alkatraz

Total Posts:  6

* LOVE IT *

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community