Magento Forum

Shipping - Store Pickup

Serial Killa

Total Posts:  76
Malaysia

Shipping - Store Pickup

anyone can guide me on how to create an extension such as this ??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

danieln

Total Posts:  131
Mainz, Germany

Just rename the Free Shipping in your backend control panel. Should do the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Please tell me what info you need for the “pickup” option and I will program it.

Cheers
Adam

Edit: I have started work on the pickup option - it allows you to add a handling fee - is there other info you need?

Magento Community
Magento Community

finch8243

Total Posts:  79

@Ajazza—did you finish with the store pickup extension ?  Curious . . .

Thx

D

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

London, UK

Hey, I am working on a new payment method at the moment - but will try and do the storepickup later today - it will be packaged with my already released tweakmag_shipping ( http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/132/tweakmag-shipping )

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

finch8243

Total Posts:  79

@Ajazza—Nice!  It looks impressive.  Not sure you want any feedback, but here’s how our store works.  For every item we sell—every SKU—it is available for EITHER shipping to the customer OR pickup in the store OR both options.  In other words, some items are “shipable-only”, others are “pickup-only”, and still others are “pickup-or-shipable”.  I know, it sounds confusing, and for the first iteration of Magento we were just going to only sell one type at a time to make it easy.  But ultimately, I’d like to give customers the choice as they go through the cart.  In addition, if the item is available for store pickup, would be nice to present to the customer the address of the store (instead of the Shipping Information/Method steps in Magento’s one-page checkout) and even store hours.

I looked into the code in /template/checkout/onepage/billing.phtml and it looks like they have a store pickup option—but it isn’t active yet

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  142

Hi,

I’ve installed the tweakmag_shipping extension but cant get it to do anything, I have set all the options and it just doesnt show atall. Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

London, UK

What do you mean you can’t get it to do anything? What are you hoping it will do?
Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

medlington

Total Posts:  142

I was hopeing that it would enable me to turn off or on certain shipping methods according to the total price. I have installed it and I cant get the new austrailian shipping method to show up atall? whatever the price is in the order

I was going to rename this shipping rate to flat rate and have it only display if the order is under £50

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Total Posts:  318
Nantes, France

Ajazza - 02 April 2008 02:44 AM

Please tell me what info you need for the “pickup” option and I will program it.

Cheers
Adam

Edit: I have started work on the pickup option - it allows you to add a handling fee - is there other info you need?

Did you finish this extension ? I look forward to add it to my store.
Thanks
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jimmy G

Total Posts:  20

Ajazza - 02 April 2008 02:44 AM

Cheers
Adam

I requested something similar, please see my thread:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11444/

In a way the customer is doing a pickup, but pays the deposit online and the balance in person.  =) Can that be done with this extension?

Magento Community
Magento Community

TomSmith

Total Posts:  112

Please have a look this extension : http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/store-pickup-shipping-extension.html
Live Demo : http://www.magebay.com/magento-store-pickup-shipping-extension

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community