Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

email a friend working? 

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

Total Posts:  482
aa, mi, us

OK, here’s where I confess I’m still using 0.9, but can anyone confirm for me whether the “email a friend” functionality is working on 0.9 or 1.0?

It worked well for me in previous versions but now it’s sending out email message in which the product name and product link are missing. It’s not a complex template or call, so I’m kind of at a loss for what to change to get this working again. 

Anyone got it sending proper emails?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

aa, mi, us

One down...Looks like the call to get the product name and URL have changed and should be:

Product: <a href="{{var product_url}}">{{var product_name}}</a>

Part two still… Can anyone guess or tell me how to properly reference the sender name and email address so that it can be included in the body of the message?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kara Heinrichs
Guru

aa, mi, us

D’oh!

So to add the sender to the body of the “email a friend” email we had to explicitly assign the field to a variable in Sendfriend.php in (wait for it) App > Code > Core > Mage > Sendfriend > Model > Sendfriend.php.

Ouch.  But at least it can be done.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tiff

Total Posts:  107
Upstate NY

Could you possibly provide the code for adding the sender?

Thanks much!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community