Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

top.Links problem anyone? 

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

I am getthing this very weird result from topLinks. It shows ‘10 Array’, ‘50 Array’ and so on before the ‘My cart’ and ‘Checkout’/

my template file: 
<ul id="right_nav"> <?php echo $this->getChildHtml('topLinks') ?> </ul>

page.xml:
<block type="page/html_toplinks" name="top.links" as="topLinks"/>

top.links.phtml:
<?php if($toplinks && is_array($toplinks)): ?>

<?php echo $this->getChildHtml() ?>
<?php foreach($toplinks as $_toplink): ?>
<li<?php if($_toplink['first']||$_toplink['last']): ?> class="<?php if($_toplink['first']): ?>first <?php endif; ?><?php if($_toplink['last']): ?>last <?php endif; ?>"<?php endif; ?> <?php echo $_toplink['liParams'] ?>> <?php echo $_toplink['beforeText'] ?><a <?php echo $_toplink['aParams'] ?>><?php echo $_toplink['innerText'] ?></a><?php echo $_toplink['afterText'] ?></li>
<?php endforeach; ?>
<?endif;?>

Don’t know where else I should check to find the cause. I haven’t replaced any other files yet so think it’s unlikely my modified files from v0.9x are causing it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

Total Posts:  291
France, Paris

Same here.

If you look closely you have in
app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Template/Links.php

public function addLink($label$url=''$title=''$prepare=false$urlParams=array(), $position=null$liParams=null$aParams=null$beforeText=''$afterText='')

in
app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Toplinks.php :

public function addLink($liParams$aParams$innerText$position=''$beforeText=''$afterText='')
So, as you can see, we have not the same parameters between this two functions.

But when the function is called for example in app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block/Links.php, you have :

$this->getParentBlock()->addLink($text'checkout/cart'$texttrue, array(), 50null'class="top-link-cart"');
while the function addLink() is called in app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Toplinks.php…

For the moment, I write in that way (example for app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Block/Links.php) :

$this->getParentBlock()->addLink(null'class="top-link-cart" href="'.Mage::getUrl('checkout/cart').'"'$text);

Hard-coded, but it display correctly…
We are looking for a fix ...

Sorry for my bad english, man.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

This could happen if you are using layouts from previous version or did not clean layout cache.

Does it work with standard layout files from 1.0?

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Moshe - 31 March 2008 05:48 PM

This could happen if you are using layouts from previous version or did not clean layout cache.

Hi Moshe, I have not changed anything in the Mage files but the ‘header’ (where top.links located), ‘page.xml’ and ‘top.links.phtml’

Already clean the layout cache many times, still seeing the same thing.  I am going to look into Mage files where ryu007 pointed out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

chinesedream - 31 March 2008 06:38 PM

Moshe - 31 March 2008 05:48 PM

Hi Moshe, yes, the standard layout shows no problem.

I have not changed anything in the Mage files but the ‘header’ (where top.links located), ‘page.xml’ and ‘top.links.phtml’, I compared every line of code I have changed, but can’t find anything wrong. Will double check again!

Already clean the layout cache many times, still seeing the same thing.  I am going to look into Mage files where ryu007 pointed out.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Found it, the culprit is:

v0.97x:
<block type="page/html_toplinks” name="top.links" as="topLinks"/>

v1.0:  <block type="page/template_links” name="top.links" as="topLinks"/>

Lesson learned. Must always pay extreme close attention working with Magento red face

Want to train your kid for his impatience and carelessness? Ask him to work on Magento.  smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mageho

Total Posts:  291
France, Paris

Ah yes, it’s working now.
Thank you, chinesedream.

I forgot to ask you something.
Since update from magento 1.0, my checkout (onepage) don’t work and redirect me to the index.
Same for you ?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community