Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
Ver 1.0 Dataflow- My first impression

Spek

Total Posts:  77

I’m doing about 320 in 10 minutes after some adjustments to the mysql config (my.cnf) as was posted on the magento blog. Yesterday it easily took twice as long without the tweaks.

(I’ve got apache 2 and mysql 5 running on debian etch with 512mb ram and a pentium 3.)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

Hi Ben ..thanks ...great to hear that ...can you share the my.cnf settings that you had tried on your server? The blog article on performance seems to expect 1GB RAM atleast and I notice that you were able to tweak with 512 MB itself.

And continuing on the main course of this thread, I found to my dismay that the description field values donot get imported!! :( ...anyone else facing this issue?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

Total Posts:  91

Is Magento 1.0 able to export and import cross sells and related products?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Spek

Total Posts:  77

The descriptions are imported for me, though I remember having trouble with it before, I’m not sure why, either the field delimeter or the fact that I was using xml.

here are the changes to my.cnf:

#
# * Fine Tuning
#
key_buffer              400M
max_allowed_packet      
50M
thread_stack            
thread_cache_size       
max_connections         
table_cache             
#thread_concurrency     = 10
#
# * Query Cache Configuration
#
query_cache_limit       1M
query_cache_size        
64M

Mind you this is just a quick alteration based on guesswork.

Magento Community
Magento Community

porterhouse

Total Posts:  27

not sure if these are related or not?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5462/

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

So when you import images do you just drop all of your jpg in the /image folder and Magento makes the thumbnails or do we need to use a utility to make thumb nails of everything first and then place all versions of the images in the import folder?

srinigenie - 03 April 2008 02:03 AM

ok ...it is sometime since I updated this thread.... got my customizations working and ran a batch of 100 records ... it took me 5 minutes ..which is around 20 records a minute ...will increase the load and test and report soon. ...

And for the image issue, it actually appears to be a bug in code
Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Product.saveRow method

$product->addImageToMediaGallery(Mage::getBaseDir('media') . DS 'import' $file$fields);

should be
$product->addImageToMediaGallery(Mage::getBaseDir('media') . DS 'import' .DS $file$fields);

But you can workaround this on your data file by providing a slash infront of the image (like /wonder.jpg—provide the slash explicitly ) being imported and one more thing, the production version expects that you place your images in media/import directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

v2uk

Total Posts:  64

Can this be used to import images links to external server?

e.g drop the http://www.foo.com/ part, leaving /image/foo.jpg etc, then do a sql query to update that with the http://www.foo.com part once the import has been completed with the product?

Or will magento rewrite that again or does it wrap other stuff around it?

ryanb - 03 April 2008 11:49 AM

So when you import images do you just drop all of your jpg in the /image folder and Magento makes the thumbnails or do we need to use a utility to make thumb nails of everything first and then place all versions of the images in the import folder?

srinigenie - 03 April 2008 02:03 AM
ok ...it is sometime since I updated this thread.... got my customizations working and ran a batch of 100 records ... it took me 5 minutes ..which is around 20 records a minute ...will increase the load and test and report soon. ...

And for the image issue, it actually appears to be a bug in code
Mage_Catalog_Model_Convert_Adapter_Product.saveRow method

$product->addImageToMediaGallery(Mage::getBaseDir('media') . DS 'import' $file$fields);

should be
$product->addImageToMediaGallery(Mage::getBaseDir('media') . DS 'import' .DS $file$fields);

But you can workaround this on your data file by providing a slash infront of the image (like /wonder.jpg—provide the slash explicitly ) being imported and one more thing, the production version expects that you place your images in media/import directory.

Magento Community
Magento Community

emagine

Total Posts:  36

Just as a note to anyone wanting to get this working. I got images in now on import, and the changes need to be made as above on tihs page:

app/code/core/mage/catalog/model/convert/adapter/product.php

THEN

You need to have all of the images in

Media/Catalog/Products

in the old server, and move them to the new server under:

Media/import/

Then do the import. I was having problems importing images where the record would come in and no image was up and there was problems. On import, the script moves the images across from import to the catalog folder.

Hope this helps someone not waste an hour on this like I did.

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried this and the method of putting the slash before the image name. Unfortunately neither of them work for me. I wonder if it needs the slash to go in the other direction as I am using XAMPP

Magento Community
Magento Community

radders

Total Posts:  162

I may have worked out the reason why it works for some people and not others. I think it just needs the image name to be in lower case.
If I do than then although It still says ‘no image’ in admin it is selected for all three image views - small medium and large and on the catalog side the image is there!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

I’ve been banging my head for hours on this. Anytime I do get the images to import, I have to go into each product in the admin interface and re-save it and then in addition to that, PHP code and errors are all over the products screen.

When you guys added the / —did you place it in all three image fields—“for thumbnail” and “small image” or just “image”?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

Here is part of the error that appears when I try to load a product that I have imported --- this is after I have to go back into the admin interface and save the product manually to even make it appear. The picture is a broken link—but it does apper in the admin interface (I added a / to the excel file I imported)
home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Image.php on line 92
[1] in Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Image->_checkMemory("/home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/media/catalog/product//1/0/1012MN-132_2.jpg") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Image.php on line 140
[2] in Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Image->setBaseFile("/1/0/1012MN-132_2.jpg") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Helper/Image.php on line 113
[3] in Mage_Catalog_Helper_Image->__toString() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/media.phtml on line 30
[4] in include("/home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/vi") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 120
[5] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView("frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view/media.phtml") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 152
[6] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 169
[7] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 553
[8] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 430
[9] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml("media", 1) in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 407
[10] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml("media") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml on line 33
[11] in include("/home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/vi") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 120
[12] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView("frontend/default/default/template/catalog/product/view.phtml") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 152
[13] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 169
[14] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 553
[15] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php on line 36
[16] in Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 553
[17] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 430
[18] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml("content", 1) in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 407
[19] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml("content") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml on line 51
[20] in include("/home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/design/frontend/default/default/template/page/2columns-righ") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 120
[21] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView("frontend/default/default/template/page/2columns-right.phtml") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 152
[22] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php on line 169
[23] in Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php on line 553
[24] in Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php on line 505
[25] in Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 318
[26] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/controllers/ProductController.php on line 116
[27] in Mage_Catalog_ProductController->viewAction() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 341
[28] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("view") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php on line 150
[29] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http) in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 147
[30] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/app/Mage.php on line 424
[31] in Mage::run("default") in /home/lighting/lightingsale.com/html/index.php on line 40

Magento Community
Magento Community

Znaro

Total Posts:  8

make sure you have default for the store or it wont appear in the frontend and also make sure you have the / before each image file name it should also work without it but not as good

i didnt seem to have a upper/lowercase issue i have uppercase on the file name the extension ‘.jpg’ may need to be lowercase though.

i also had a couple of my images out of 129 produce the same error as shown by ryanb, i had to remove them to get rid of the error i also noticed the image was corrupt or something there was no preview in the admin so something went wrong not sure what

my only crit at this point is that when you run the import a second time it creates duplicates of the image so my suggestion to improve functionality would be to add some more options in the profile manager such as these image options which you can select to perform with the import

1- replace images option
2- delete images option (either delete all images by sku - easier - or delete matching image)
3- add new images option

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

Thanks for the info! Setting the store as default took care of the first problem, but I am still getting the error with the images even after adding the / --- I wonder if modifying the php code as suggested earlier in this thread would help me. I am considering it if I can’t get it to work soon. I have over 10,000 products to import so I have to get this to work right smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

OK—I finally got everything to work last night. Here is what I did:

1) Added a / infront of the image name for ALL THREE images (base, small, thumb).
2) Used the store name default
3) Resized all of my images 265x265 (base) 135x135 (small) 75x75 (thumb)

Resizing the images took care of the php code errors I was getting. I was trying to use my base image for all three, but that is aparently not a good idea. You need to use a program like FastStone Photo Resizer to resize all of the small and thumb images before you import them. When you import, all three types of images should be in the import folder.

Also—incase any of you haven’t figured this out yet --- to get the correct excel format for importing, add one or two items to your store and then export everything. That will give you the correct format to use to import.

Good luck everyone!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4