Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problem with Hotmail Emails?? 

neilkerry

Total Posts:  74
UK

Have gone through extensive testing and searched through the forums and cannot find anything about sending emails to hotmail accounts.

For some reason I cannot get sales orders and invoice emails to be recieved by hotmail.

Gmail seems fine, havent tested AOL - but also most other business emails ie: yourdomain.com seem to be working.

Am at a loss here for what to do, any ideas - I am launching the site tommorow and it would be good to get this sorted as there are a lot of customers with hotmail accounts.

I have also touched upon

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Kjarnakall

Total Posts:  27
Iceland

I have exactly the same problem. Did you find any solution?

This is the report I get when it happens(generated in var>reports directory):

a:2:{i:0;s:53:”Validate class not found from basename ‘EmailAddress‘“;i:1;s:1162:"#0 /some/directory/in/my/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(255): Zend_Validate::is(’someone@hotmail...’, ‘EmailAddress’)
#1 /some/directory/in/my/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/Model/Type/Onepage.php(190): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->_processValidateCustomer(Object(Mage_Sales_Model_Quote_Address))
#2 /some/directory/in/my/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Checkout/controllers/OnepageController.php(242): Mage_Checkout_Model_Type_Onepage->saveBilling(Array, false)
#3 /some/directory/in/my/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(367): Mage_Checkout_OnepageController->saveBillingAction()
#4 /some/directory/in/my/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(163): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch(’saveBilling’)
#5 /some/directory/in/my/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(158): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#6 /some/directory/in/my/shop/app/Mage.php(457): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#7 /some/directory/in/my/shop/index.php(46): Mage::run()
#8 {main}”;}

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kjarnakall

Iceland

Thanks for your answer. I found a similar problem elsewhere on the forum and was able to resolve my problem.

The solution is here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/44831/

martix4 - 20 June 2009 02:36 AM

Is there a file called Com.php in lib/Zend/Validate/Hostname? If not - copy De.php and rename it to Com.php, open it and rename class from De.php to Com.php. This solved a problem for me smile

Its very strange that this just starts right out of the blue. Although I’m not sure when this started… I have already many customers with .com e-mails.

Hope this helps someone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kjarnakall

Iceland

Yes, its very strange. I will be looking at my var/reports folder more regularly to monitor if this was really the cure.

But since ‘.is’ mails worked but ‘.com’ didnt, I felt it was worth a try. They seem to work now, so I’ll just have to wait and see.

Magento Community
Magento Community

invite by voice

Total Posts:  2

I just run into exactly the same problem. It has been working just fine so far and just happened out of blue like you said..

Applied the given solution but did not work out

Any other solution/recommendation/idea?

Here is my store www.invitebyvoice.com

Regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kjarnakall

Iceland

Does the error report point to the same thing?

I can only recommend to clear the cache (delete var/cache and var/session).

Magento Community
Magento Community

invite by voice

Total Posts:  2

Dear Palli,
It turned out being server issue. I talked to my hosting company (simplehelix.com) and they said they run into short issue with mail service. Everything is just fine running right now ( cross my finger grin)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kjarnakall

Iceland

Yeah, they could have been updating my server as well. But lets hope it stays like this. wink

*crossfingers*

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community