Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t get into Admin with 1.0

i960
Guru

Total Posts:  633
Bakersfield, CA

I have a weird problem that just popped up, and it also happened in .9.  I installed 1.0 this morning without issue and have been playing with it all day.  I have made some configuration changes and set up a category and product and all that… just simple stuff.  I just tried logging into Admin after being away from it for a few hours, and now all I get is a page that says “SYNTAX: proxy.php/x.js?f=dir1/file1.js,dir2/file2.js” and nothing else.  It happens in Firefox and IE7.  I have not made any changes to .htaccess or any other files.  Last time this happened to me was when the admin menu’s weren’t working and I had to replace the Head.php file with one posted by Moshe.  Several hours after that the problem appeared.  A complete reinstall fixed it last time.  I don’t think anything I changed did it because it worked for hours after I had made any changes.  Last time I used it I was going through all the menus just seeing what was there, then logged out.  Everything on the frontend still works fine.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Could you please outline changes you’ve made in Web section of configuration?

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Honestly, I can’t really remember, and I can’t log in to see the current configuration.  I know I didn’t change a whole lot.  If there is a file or somewhere in the database that holds the configuration values, I can post those.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

I don’t know if this helps, but I found in the database where all the config data is stored, in the core_config_data table.  The only one with “web” anywhere in it is “web/seo/use_rewrites” and it’s value is 1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

that’s weird. which URL does it show in browser’s address bar when you see this message?

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

The URL is http://www.mydomain.com/index.php/admin/dashboard/

Like I said, this happened with 0.9 as well, and simply doing a reinstall fixed the problem and it never came back.

Is there any way to disable the use of proxy.php and go back to the way javascript files were loaded in 0.8?  I’m actually thinking about compressing and combining all the javascript files by hand like I do in my current store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Los Angeles

@i960: look in app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Head.php

uncomment line 98, and comment line 99

see if it works for you.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

Still get the same error.  This is what I had:

#$lines[$if]['other'][] = sprintf($script, $baseJs.$item['name'], $item['params']);
$lines[$if]['script'][] $item['name'];

And this is what I changed it to:

$lines[$if]['other'][] sprintf($script$baseJs.$item['name']$item['params']);
#$lines[$if]['script'][] = $item['name'];

The code change did take affect though, because when I view the source code in the front end, all of the javascript files are within their own <script> tags instead of combined into one with proxy.php.

Magento Community
Magento Community

i960
Guru

Bakersfield, CA

I just restarted Apache and the problem went away.  Go figure.  I also looked through my Apache logs and noticed this:

[31/Mar/2008:23:27:12 -0700] "GET /js/proxy.php?c=auto&f;=,mage/adminhtml/bundle.js,mage/adminhtml/uploader.js (etc...)

Just curious if that comma should be there after the &f;= because I am also seeing it in the logs without a comma.  Here’s one from a few days ago running 0.9:

[29/Mar/2008:17:44:06 -0700] "GET /js/proxy.php/x.js?f=prototype/prototype.js,scriptaculous/builder.js (etc...)

I have no idea what’s triggering this problem for me, but I’ll keep an eye on things and post any findings.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mblasius

Total Posts:  4

Moshe - 31 March 2008 07:41 PM

@i960: look in app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Head.php

uncomment line 98, and comment line 99

see if it works for you.

This worked for me after applying the idea here .

/installpath/js#

find ./ -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; && find ./lib -name *.js -exec chmod 644 {} \;

I then restarted Apache and the problem was gone.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community