Magento Forum

Incorrect server configuration for base Magento Installation? Error in installation step “/installDb/” that may or may not be a Magento issue. 

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

We’ve had all sorts of problems getting our newly opened dedicated server with Siteground up and running, correctly configured for a base Magento install.

Our latest issue is this:

When running through the installation, we get to the step at this url, “/installDb/”. The script tries to locate that url, and then a 404 error comes up, saying nothing is at that url location.

Our server support admin at Siteground thinks there’s a Magento “rerouting” problem, causing the installation to go to an invalid directory.

Any support?

P.s. Here’s our info:

- Server Support Admin says all Magento requirements are met in our dedicated server configuration
- PHP.info file location:
- Current url (Magento step in installation process) where error occurs: “/installDb/” within wizard installation
- Current url we get directed to: “/report?id=120701149571&s;=default”
- Current phpinfo location: Please PM me for url location (if it’s helpful to see)
- .htaccess file of root magento directory: currently empty

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

rt21000

Total Posts:  2

Tim,

Any headway?  Having exact issue here…

Magento Community
Magento Community

leetaylordoes

Total Posts:  227
San Diego, CA

rt21000,

Unfortunately we continued having problems, as this was a hosting configuration issue I believe. I’m pretty sure Siteground may be a reseller (not owning their own data center), which prohibited them and us from getting access to make the correct changes.

We are now with LiquidWeb and have been thrilled at their willingness to provide what we need. All Magento installations have gone smoothly with our different server configuration, though I’m not sure what was holding us up last time.

Best of luck in trying to find the best hosting solution.
My apologies for not having a more direct solution to apply.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rt21000

Total Posts:  2

Tim,

Thanks for the reply.  I think I’ve figured it out(not sure if the same would apply to you):

Seems the new installer doesn’t like the fact that a db has already been setup with the same name and tables; it looks like its expecting a clean db. 

I killed the old(previous magento install) mysql db and created a new one and it got me past the “/report?id=....” page.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community