Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 10 of 10
Issues With Cron and Catalog price rules

davew123

Total Posts:  10

Using the cronmon.php file and can’t get passed this error:

Failed to open app/etc/local.xml

Tried pointing to folder with various paths: ./app/etc/local.xml

Just not able to get passed this step.
Have read and reread millions of forum postings. Okay, maybe thousands.

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

- Dave

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

connor2k

Total Posts:  14

Make sure you put the file one level down and not in the root. I placed mine in the js folder and it works fine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paulermo

Total Posts:  1

The special prices may dissapear at midnight because of timezone issue. Magento uses UTC time, at my timezone today’s 1am is equal to yesterday’s 9pm UTC. And because of it magento does not calculate price rules for tomorrow, only for today.
Little fix attached (none of core files modified, new module with one method created). Cron has to be enabled and good working smile

File Attachments
CatalogRule-patch.zip  (File Size: 4KB - Downloads: 69)

Magento Community
Magento Community

karthik_pwt

Total Posts:  2

Hi guys..

Please click the below link to fix the catalog reset price rule issue.

Click here to find solution

Regards,

P.Karthikeyan
[Pacific Web Technology]

Magento Community
Magento Community

tinnytim

Total Posts:  1

For those still having trouble with this and in an effort to condense some of the information in this thread, after messing around with this dumb thing for weeks and trying every solution here I have finally managed to fix the issue. Though it has all been stated earlier, the following worked for me in version 1.7.0.2 -

- Go to whatever your cron manager is called wherever you are hosted.
- Configure it to run cron.php (in Godaddy it is just browsing and selecting the file and specifying how often to run).
- To ensure cron is running immediately, download the cronmon.php file (provided earlier in this thread by Revilo) and edit it to include your SQL server information in the first few lines. In your browser, visit www.(your domain).com/cronmon.php for a list of jobs to see them scheduled and whether or not they are running successfully. This step can be skipped if you want to wait for a day or two to make sure it’s working.
- Edit this section of the cron.php file in your Magento root directory -

from

try {
Mage::getConfig()->init()->loadEventObservers(’crontab’);
Mage::app()->addEventArea(’crontab’);
Mage::dispatchEvent(’default’);
} catch (Exception $e) {
Mage::printException($e);
}

to

try {
Mage::getConfig()->init()->loadEventObservers(’crontab’);
Mage::app()->addEventArea(’crontab’);
Mage::dispatchEvent(’default’);
$observ = Mage::getModel(’catalogrule/observer’);
$observ->dailyCatalogUpdate("0 1 * * *");
} catch (Exception $e) {
Mage::printException($e);
}

and the one dumb thing I managed to overlook the entire time -

- Add ”?>” (without quotes) to the very end of the cron.php file.

For whatever inane reason, this is not in the file by default but everything else seems to work as is, no other edits required. If this doesn’t keep the catalog rules from turning off I would have to assume the issue is with however your cron is setup/run through your host, which seems to be pretty easy to mess around with. Thanks to everyone in this thread for providing all the above information.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 10 of 10