Magento Forum

No Ticket System? 

smorris

Total Posts:  5

I’ve been looking for something like Magento for a long time so I was very excited when I found it, but the one thing that it’s missing is a ticket system. Does anyone know if there are any plans for a ticket system? That seems like the final step for making Magento the complete solution for eCommerce. It would be very hard to use an independent ticket system so I hope adding a ticket system is high on the list of priorities.

If anyone has any knowledge about the development of a ticket system, any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Magento Team

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

There are no current plans, unfortunately.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Total Posts:  56
Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

I think if someone even develops a nice module, I know the people from kayako sometimes have login apps so that your customers can login to the kayako ticket system with their cart email/password, this would integrate it rather well, perhaps manually add some links in admin for it and you would be set.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smorris

Ya I suppose I’ll need to wait for someone to integrate the two, but in my experience the built in ticket systems are far superior....oh well, maybe if there’s a bigger demand for it, it will get created one day.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

Can I ask you to mention which cart you have had a built-in ticket system?  I think applying some pressure on kayako would also help speed up the process.  But i wonder if they can take it to the next step and make a module to make it seem like it is built-in, but I know exactly what you mean, since I feel the same way about built-in affiliate systems compared to 3rd party, but I have had great success with Kayako with a very high volume store.  Since it had built in livehelp, Knowledge base, Tutorials, Downloads, and well the entire support helpdesk.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smorris

Well I run another business and we were looking for a billing system, support system, and affiliates system a while back. I eventually came across WHMCS which was perfect for us. Keep in mind the business is similar to a web hosting business and in turn, the frontend wasn’t important since the amount of products is small and the content is typically static(WHMCS has no store, it’s just a billing/ticket/affiliate system). Anyways before WHMCS we tried a bunch of 3rd party integrations (ticket systems) into ModernBill (another billing system) and they’re alright, but nothing compares to an all-in-one system.

So in my opinion, what it breaks down to is making it easier for the client. Giving clients multiple logins, one for the store and one for support is obviously unacceptable. Another concern is the worry that updating the ticket system or Magento will cause one of two to not work anymore....

Anyways manolodf, I don’t have too much experience with other carts or ticket systems, I’ve tried them all, but not in a live business environment, mainly just to have a look at them. If the integration created for Magento is only so-so and feels incomplete whether it’s Kayako or something else, I plan on looking for an alternative. Nothing is worse than starting a business with a bad info structure…

-Sam

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

Basically kayako well integrated would mean at the very least, like with oscommerce and x-cart that you use the same username/password to loginto your ticket as you do the account on the shopping cart, that is rule #1

This means that in their account on their cart there is an URL with the right authentication passed so they can browse their ticket account etc.  They call this LoginShare Module, and is pretty standard. Beyond that you just need to integrate a skin into kayako to match your store skins, which I had gotten done and it looks just fine once its integrated, I had a company do it that had experience with that, and it looked great, so it really seemed seamless.  For admin you have 2 logins, im sure you can make a way to have a link within your admin for easy click-over but i never cared about myself as I had my shortcuts on my links bar, but customers wont know its any different, the only thing I would have gone 1 more step into integating would have been to assign an order number to the user/tickert number, that way you know exactly what this guy has order, when, how often, how valuable, but it can be done by some searching in admin of your cart.

Magento Community
Magento Community

smorris

manolodf - 02 April 2008 12:50 PM

the only thing I would have gone 1 more step into integating would have been to assign an order number to the user/tickert number, that way you know exactly what this guy has order, when, how often, how valuable, but it can be done by some searching in admin of your cart.

That’s one of my main concerns, generally the people sending in tickets don’t go to extra lengths trying to explain exactly what they ordered or providing additional information. They expect you to know everything no matter what the conditions rolleyes

Anyways Magento is still at its early stages and as it becomes more popular I’m sure there will be more and more integrations etc....it will just take some waiting I guess.

-Sam

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

Well they really dont have to, as you can easily take that username and find what they have bought, but its not a 1 click in admin, which would be nice to have.  One thing I always asked customers on the support contact form was the order ID number. This is so that it is readily available in case they had multiple orders, as well as makes them aware of their order IDand it is truly support questions, not sales questions for that department.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DrieWorks

Total Posts:  13
The Netherlands

smorris - 31 March 2008 03:42 PM

I’ve been looking for something like Magento for a long time so I was very excited when I found it, but the one thing that it’s missing is a ticket system. Does anyone know if there are any plans for a ticket system? That seems like the final step for making Magento the complete solution for eCommerce. It would be very hard to use an independent ticket system so I hope adding a ticket system is high on the list of priorities.

If anyone has any knowledge about the development of a ticket system, any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

it’s a bump, but anyway there is a ticket extension wink

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/DrieWorks/extension/6185/ticket_en_abonnement

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community