Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How are uk users getting over state/province

billh

Total Posts:  34

Hi all,

I’ve had a look through the showoff sites from uk users and noticed that some have managed to rmove state/province.

How are they doing this? i found this but nothing seems to be happening just yet Remove state/province feature request

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

What’s the harm in leaving the county in? Older people even ring up saying “This is James from Hampshire” so I see now point in removing it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

billh

Total Posts:  34

Hi J.T,

There are no state/province (s) in europe, my target market.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanp

Total Posts:  76
Germany

Thats true for Germany that the region is not used in adresses but my customers don’t seem to mind entering it anyway. In Italy the province is used for addresses. I don’t remember exactly for Spain, I think that the province is often used but not always, it’s been awhile since I lived there. I don’t remember for other EU countries.

I had this problem working on a worldwide dealer locator and we never found a perfect solution. I guess it depends on where the majority of your clients are located.

Greetings from Augsburg Germany,

Patrick

Magento Community
Magento Community

scm1

Total Posts:  46

Does anyone know the answer to the original post?

Magento Community
Magento Community

scm1

Total Posts:  46

billh - 05 August 2009 10:50 PM

I’ve had a look through the showoff sites from uk users and noticed that some have managed to rmove state/province.

Can you give a few examples of sites that are doing this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adjustware
Guru

Total Posts:  654

See http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/reviews/module/1826/mxperts--noregion (free extension)
and http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewreply/131374/ (code available for download)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community