Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable SKUs sometimes (rarely) show up on orders… HOW IS THIS HAPPENING? 

Chris Farley

Total Posts:  43

We deployed Magento a few weeks ago. We have taken thousands of orders on it.

In 99.999% of cases, our orders do not contain any “configurable” SKUs. Everytime somebody adds a configurable product to their cart, it shows up as a simple product.

I have now seen two orders come through that contain—instead—the “configurable” sku.

In one case, the customer selected a more expensive configuration option, and the product was sold at the wrong price! So this is a serious issue.

I have poured over the web server logs, and it does not seem as if the customers are doing anything odd. I can not reproduce this at all.

Has anybody seen anything like this? I’d like to file a bug report, but I know that it’s useless unless it can be reproduced.

I am running Magento 1.3.1

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community