Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Product Import - Please HELP! 

atsdotha

Total Posts:  7

Hi,

I have read through several forum posts, and can’t find a solution to this anywhere…

When I import my products using DataFlow, they display in the admin with no problem. However, the only way I can the products to display on the frontend is to go into the product in admin, and click “save”. No changes are made, I just click on the product like I am editing it, click Save, and voila, it displays on the front end.

I have re-indexed several times after the imports, with no success here. If anyone can tell me how I can correct this without going into each product to save, I surely would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

atsdotha

Total Posts:  7

Ok… so even though I have the header “product_websites” in my csv file, with “base” as the entry for each item, I found I have to select all, go to Update Atrributes, and, bulk add the products to the “Main Website”.

Is the header title incorrect?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Store_Manager
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  867

There is the article on what to check if you cannot see your products after import -
http://blog.mag-manager.com/2013/08/my-magento-products-are-not-visible-at.html
Maybe it will help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Monty_iLM
Guru

Total Posts:  450

Hi,

You can also have a look this thread for this http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/11268/P15/

Thanks

Monty
iLoveMage

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community