Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I am getting alot of SQL errors

brentwpeterson

Total Posts:  3

This was a workaround I originally found on the php.net bug tracker.  As I stated earlier, stored procedures are not yet implemented in the windows binaries.  I also stated that this should not be used in a production environment.  It should only be used as a means to “play” with Magento until a proper workaround is developed.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mantra

Total Posts:  2

I agree with user “Blastoff”, how is it possible that so many people have no problems to install suspicious dll’s from suspicious hacker-websites? I can’t believe it. Well, but now I understand why i get 80+ spammails a day from hacked zombie computers…

Hi Magento Team, is there a secure fix for the PDO problem already?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Xavier ETCHEBER

Total Posts:  4

Mantra - 01 September 2007 03:17 AM

I agree with user “Blastoff”, how is it possible that so many people have no problems to install suspicious dll’s from suspicious hacker-websites? I can’t believe it. Well, but now I understand why i get 80+ spammails a day from hacked zombie computers…

What if you were the hacker ? Would you post it on a hack site, or another website less suspicious ?
French Toast come here explain yourself. I think you put this dll link first, correct me if i’m wrong.

Mantra - 01 September 2007 03:17 AM

Hi Magento Team, is there a secure fix for the PDO problem already?

And something to upload image file under windows (with wamp for example).

Magento Community
Magento Community

davedavedave

Total Posts:  238

FYI guys, I’m using xampp, have everything enabled as stated, updated the dll, still getting the same DB error everybody is seeing:

PDOException Object
(
[message:protected] => SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2014 Cannot execute queries while other unbuffered queries are active.  Consider using PDOStatement::fetchAll().  Alternatively, if your code is only ever going to run against mysql, you may enable query buffering by setting the PDO::MYSQL_ATTR_USE_BUFFERED_QUERY attribute.
[string:private] =>
[code:protected] => HY000
[file:protected] => C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\lib\Varien\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Mysql.php
[line:protected] => 82
[trace:private] => Array
(
[0] => Array
(
[file] => C:\xampp\htdocs\magento\lib\Varien\Db\Adapter\Pdo\Mysql.php
[line] => 82
[function] => query
[class] => PDO
[type] => ->
[args] => Array

Etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mckooter

Total Posts:  91

for those that are concerned about the dll file posted (its clean but some do not agree) here is one that I have tested to work:

<<removed, apparently it does not work>>

its on the pecl site itself, if anyone has problems with it let me know

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mantra

Total Posts:  2

Xavier ETCHEBER - 01 September 2007 06:35 AM

What if you were the hacker ? Would you post it on a hack site, or another website less suspicious ?

Well, I’m not a hacker, just a webshop owner with some sensitive customer datas on my computers. I would never install a dll file from “unofficial” websites, no matter if the domain name is “hackthissite.org” or “you-really-can-trust-me.org”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tobz

Total Posts:  18

That new php_pdo_mysql.dll did the trick for me. (even if it is dodgy as hell)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Keith

Total Posts:  1

FrenchToast - 31 August 2007 12:05 PM

I see many people are having this problem (as I did myself). To fix it I replaced my php_pdo_mysql.dll with this one: php_pdo_mysql.dll

This worked for me, magento on WAMP - but I did have to remember to restart my WAMP server before it would work wink Although I did replace mine with one from the php.net site - just to be on the safe side. http://www.php.net/downloads.php - my original file was version 5.2.0.0 and I replaced it with 5.2.4.4 - this did the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

luke

Total Posts:  11

I’m not really interested in using some random .dll either. What exactly is causing this issue? Anybody know?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tobz

Total Posts:  18

I just grabbed the .dll from the current php5 download and tried that and it works (v5.2.4.4) - Thanks Keith.
Much better than having a dodgy one from some random site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

paryank

Total Posts:  10
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India

I suggest everyone that never trust on any files from any unknown domains. If you want any extensions then you can go on official PHP site: http://www.php.net. Trusting on any other unknown web site is nothing but inviting malicious programs in your computer.

If you are using PHP 5.1 or higher then php_pdo_mysql.dll is already available in your ext folder (even you are using wamp). You just need is to enable this extension from php.ini file.

Anyway I am facing with the same problem and havn’t got any solution. I hope the magento team would give us a proper solution.

Regards,

Paryank

Magento Community
Magento Community

ad2joe

Total Posts:  60

Hello,

I think the focus here should be to get past the issues, guess everyone can decide if to use a dll or not.

Thanks, Joe.

Magento Community
Magento Community

luke

What exactly is the issue if I may ask? Nothing I’m doing seems to make the errors go away

Magento Community
Magento Community

luke

shock nobody has an answer to this??

Magento Community
Magento Community

johannes80

Total Posts:  9

Have you tried what “A.Piotrowski (Lento.pl)” said on page 1?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community