Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
After upgrade to 1.3.2.3, “Total Paid” is doubled

oldboy

Total Posts:  80

Im using PayPal Standard, and after latest upgrade the “Total Paid” for each order is doubled. (see attachment)
Paypal account shows the correct amout.

Any idea how to get this fixed?

Image Attachments
__totalpaid.gif

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Total Posts:  58

Hi

I get the exact same problem

Since version 1.3 every release gives different errors with paypal standart and every release is getting worse and worse.
That’s something I cannot understand, even magento is a great e-commerce solution it takes to much time to find a way to solve all problems at least for small companies that cannot afford someone working all year long on a e-commerce solution.

When something works why not let it the way it is, someone must play around with paypal standart that does not understands everything.

How can we know who does what with what. At least we could understand what is going on.

I do not even want to try to install the 1.2 paypal as this could give strange behavior.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptor Commerce (toby)

Total Posts:  180

We’ve seen this as well ... we’re looking through the source and there is some pretty flaky code in particular in relation to paypals IPN model. We’ve fixed it but need to do more tests before we post anything! It is strange that Magento’s Achilles heal seems to be their support for payment gateways, I mean whats the point of a great store if you can’t actually take any money wink

Toby

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Exactly, also since the last release when an order is placed and paid the status of the order is “terminated” another one of the strange thing’s happening with paypal module. The version before it was stated “waiting for paypal” it was better as now we are not able to rely on order status, everything is checked on paper and by hand.

What I wish to know : is it magento’s team that maintains paypal module or it is another team that like’s to work on an open source project ???
Why the paypal module are in magento and not as seperated module??? It would have made it so easy to downgrade in case of a problem.

Why make things simple when you can make it complicated. I love magento and the team’s great work but it would be stupid that magento’s get a wrong reputation for such simple matter as like you said :

“whats the point of a great store if you can’t actually take any money”

Another point is “do not upgrade on production server” well if we guys like us would not do it on production server, how will you test it............. So many options in magento. And there would not be many posts on forum about bugs in magento as it is not posiible to test everithing on a test server.

We always do a copy on the server before upgrade of course.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Raptor Commerce (toby)

Total Posts:  180

We take a clone of the live server, upgrade and test that then after we’ve ironed out the problems we upgrade the live server. Another tip is to wait a few weeks after a release before even trying to upgrade. To be fair to Varien we’ve seen the same issues with other OS projects ... its the nature of the beast. Agree with you about a seperate paypal module though. I hope Varien are planning to hand over some control of the community edition to the community. At the moment progress is stalling because they’re busy working on the enterprise product but we’re not able to commit any changes to the community project.

Toby

Magento Community
Magento Community

chrisdarl

Total Posts:  45

Status = Processing for me by changing true to $newOrderStatus on line 423 Standard.php

FOUND A FIX FOR DOUBLE GRAND TOTAL!

In Paypal/ModelStandard.php change the following :

~ Line 147
canCapture() {
return true;
}

~ Line 417
change : $invoice->register()->pay();
TO : $invoice->register()->capture();

All seems to be working for me now. Correct grand total, correct amount paid, processing state.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chris0609

Total Posts:  16

Thanks man !

it works like a charm.... jut one thing I changed also on line 423 “STATE COMPLETED” TO “STATE_PROCESSING”, otherwise the order does not get the status “completed” when you do the shipping.

cheers smile

kris

PS: it’s a shame that Magento team did not solve these issues yet .....

Magento Community
Magento Community

invitro59

Hi

I have the same problem each time we do an upgrage

is MAGENTO TEAM AWARE OF ALL THIS

Who is maintaining the paypal system, magento team or else, how do we know if they take care of these problem.

We spend a lot of time of fixing in each release.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fragilem17

Total Posts:  56

Works like a charm indeed, thanks for this!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

OwlBoy

Total Posts:  8

To those who implemented what chrisdarl said, does this fix it for future orders, or ones that are finished also?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gui
Guru

Total Posts:  588

only future orders.

Magento Community
Magento Community

d41m

Total Posts:  16

Just upgraded to 1.3.2.4 and it reverts back the changes above so you will need to re-apply this fix after upgrading.

Magento? Are you listening? Can you please fix this issue so we don’t have to re-apply this hack after every upgrade.

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wetkri

Total Posts:  1

Thanks for sharing. I also encounter the same problem when upgrading.

wetkri
Simulation prêt

Magento Community
Magento Community

hotdiggity

Total Posts:  27

chrisdarl - 20 August 2009 03:59 AM

Status = Processing for me by changing true to $newOrderStatus on line 423 Standard.php

FOUND A FIX FOR DOUBLE GRAND TOTAL!

In Paypal/ModelStandard.php change the following :

~ Line 147
canCapture() {
return true;
}

~ Line 417
change : $invoice->register()->pay();
TO : $invoice->register()->capture();

All seems to be working for me now. Correct grand total, correct amount paid, processing state.

$invoice->register()->capture(); seems to contradict the solution given here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/47584/P30/#t154546

Magento Community
Magento Community

larry dale

Total Posts:  1

Honestly I think you are going to have to go back and re do the entire pay pal set up. I have had the same troubles with paypal on other various aspects of payment processing and have never been able to get anything fixed without having to start over.

Magento Community
Magento Community

aminut

Total Posts:  35

larry dale - 12 March 2010 02:21 PM

Honestly I think you are going to have to go back and re do the entire pay pal set up. I have had the same troubles with paypal on other various aspects of payment processing and have never been able to get anything fixed without having to start over.

Get Patch for standard.php file

File Attachments
Invoice_order Notifications modification.zip  (File Size: 12KB - Downloads: 284)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2