Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Links won’t work

jordy19842008

Total Posts:  3
Netherlands

Today I moved my website from my local machine to the web and I have some issues with the links. All links on my site are without index.php in the url, but none of them work. When I paste index.php after my domain name in the address bar, the links will work.

For example, in the header is a link to the shopping cart, http://www.mydomain.com/checkout/cart/, which doesn’t work, but when I go to http://www.mydomain.com/index.php/checkout/cart/ it does work.

I already figured out it must have something to do with the url rewrite settings and my .htaccess file. I disabled the rewrites, and after that nothing worked anymore (couldn’t even get to the homepage), and I cannot find a .htaccess file on the webserver. I already checked the settings of my ftp-client and it’s set to show hidden files.

Any suggestions?

Tomorrow I talk to my hosting provider about this, because it might be some settings on the server, but it would be nice if i could tell them what they might have to change.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Beau Rixon

I’m having the exactly the same problem. If someone knows the solution please let us know soon.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jordy19842008

Netherlands

Turns out I’m also missing some tables in my database. I had some problems exporting and imorting the database from my local server to the online server, and I guess I’ve messed things up.

So I’m planning a clean install of Magento this week and start from scratch. Hopefully this will also solve the above issues with the links.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community