Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trouble with images

cal

Total Posts:  8

I have a product set up with 2 images and I cannot seem to get rid of them. I check both of their “Remove” checkboxes and “Save” but it doesn’t remove them. Am I doing something wrong?

I’m on a Windows machine using Xampp and Mag 1.0

Also, the images say “Roll Over for preview” but it’s just text, nothing happens when I roll over....

Any help is appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Total Posts:  101
Rochester, NY, USA

Make sure you’re working in the correct store, not “Default” or “Website” levels; e.g. “English Store.”

That may solve your problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cal

Total Posts:  8

At the moment I only have the defaults for stores, websites, and store views. I have not created any such as “english store” or the like.

Soo, do I need to create a store view before messing with products? And if I do, how do I switch the admin area to work on a different one?

Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Total Posts:  101
Rochester, NY, USA

If you go to System > Configuration you will see a box in the upper left corner that allows you to select which store you’re working with.

You can manage the stores and views by clicking on the link. The attachments below display what my store has (version 0.8.161). It might be different in 1.0.

Cheers,
Rob

Image Attachments
config_stores.jpgmanagestorespage.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community