Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Out of Stock Customer Emails

Limetree Web Design

Total Posts:  40

Is there a way for a customer to put in their e-mails for products which are out of stock, and be automatically e-mailed when that stock is back and available?  Something like an input form or something - but I didn’t know if I had to create a new table in my database, or whatever.

The trouble is that I’m using alot of configurable products, so I’d like the email signup available when associated simple products (shirt sizes) are back in stock.  Can this be done?

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

maxl23

Total Posts:  19

Hi

Did you ever come with a solution for this??

thanks maxl23

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanp

Total Posts:  76
Germany

This is a standard feature of Magento. It requires the customer to register but they will be automatically informed when the product is back in stock. It works for simple products I haven’t tried it for configurable products.

Look at the options under System - Configuration - Catalog/Catalog - Product Alerts.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community