Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Eagerly Installed 1.0! Ack! PDOExceptions again? 

beau

Total Posts:  50

When I tried to upgrade to 0.91… I got the PDOExepction Object error with something about tables not being installed yet. The solution didn’t work for me, but that’s okay, I continued to mess around with my 0.8 version after hearing that this was fixed in the final release.

So, now when I’m installing 1.0, on the error page that’s returned, here’s the two errors I’m finding, but I’ll attach the file for reference as well.

[message:protected] => SQLSTATE[HY000]General error1005 Can't create table './mctwinklins_magento/#sql-ad7_3cd4e.frm' (errno: 121)

[string:private] =>

[errorInfo] => Array
        (

[0] => HY000
            [1] 
=> 1005
            [2] 
=> Can't create table './mctwinklins_magento/#sql-ad7_3cd4e.frm' (errno: 121)

)

However, I wanted to also say YAY you guys got the release out on the day you said you would, and that’s awesome.

File Attachments
installDb.txt  (File Size: 11KB - Downloads: 146)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

beau

Help?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NinjaTech

Total Posts:  26

Sorry this isn’t going to help much. Try reinstalling PHP with extensions again if you can.

I strongly believe that Magento’s biggest downfall will come in the hefty requirements of some fairly UNFRIENDLY prerequesets.

Magento Community
Magento Community

beau

Is that a bad thing? Are you saying the installer makes some bad assumptions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NinjaTech

Total Posts:  26

No I am just strongly against the use of PDO being used for a project like Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community