Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

What is the forum software you are using here

MGadAllah

Total Posts:  2

Hi
I’d like to know what is the forum software you are using here for the current board at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards
and is it possible to integrate it with any CMS?
Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

RoyRubin
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  968
Los Angeles, CA

Expression Engine

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

ExpressionEngine is a wonderful CMS smile It’s like the “Magento” of CMS (since Magento is obviously the best ecommerce system out there).

By the way, the forum is available as a module, and you have to purchase it. ExpressionEngine isn’t free either, but it’s worth every penny.

// is looking forward to ExpressionEngine 2.0 :D

Magento Community
Magento Community

MGadAllah

Total Posts:  2

Thanks for your reply, but I think I will use free tools for my new website to see if website will work out or not, so far I’ve reviewed many CMS, and reviewed many forums software and I want 1 universial or global log in for all members and according to what I’ve found so far I think Drupal will be the CMS, and forum will be MyBB but it is not integrated yet with Drupal, but I’ve tried phpbb3 and SMF but really did not liked them because of security issues and seo and urls issues. Thanks again for your help. So if you still interested to advise which tool to be used for CMS and which one for a forum I would be greatly appreciate your doing.
Moohamed

Magento Community
Magento Community

KonstantinDK

Total Posts:  47
Arlington, TX, USA

Yes, very nice forum

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

I am a little bit off the topic, but since we already are discussing CMS and Blog software:

I am looking for a professional software to set up a web advertising service (offering customers to advertise their products in the same way like eBay, www.qxl.no, etc.).

It should be possible to make a professional presentation for different categories of products, like Cars, Real Estate, Bits & Pieces, etc. (i.e. to have different input and presentation templates for different categories of products).

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can recommend a software package for this?

And hopefully, the invoicing & payment can be integrated with Magento! grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

MGadAllah - 02 April 2008 10:02 PM

Thanks for your reply, but I think I will use free tools for my new website to see if website will work out or not, so far I’ve reviewed many CMS, and reviewed many forums software and I want 1 universial or global log in for all members and according to what I’ve found so far I think Drupal will be the CMS, and forum will be MyBB but it is not integrated yet with Drupal, but I’ve tried phpbb3 and SMF but really did not liked them because of security issues and seo and urls issues. Thanks again for your help. So if you still interested to advise which tool to be used for CMS and which one for a forum I would be greatly appreciate your doing.
Moohamed

It’s worth the money for ExpressionEngine. There’s no doubt about that. It has the global member features you’re talking about, and has a built-in forum available. If you go the Drupal route, as you mentioned, you’ll also have to download forum software, and then integrate that with the member base. EE takes care of all of that.

Personally, I’m ont a fan of any CMS, especially Drupal or Joomla. They’re so resource-intensive and just a pain. I rather build my own, but I’ve found EE to be very nice only because it’s built off CodeIgniter, which I love and think is the best PHP MVC framework out there (which happens to be made by the same company who makes EE). So it’s nice to know they integrate well together.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mr_dimsum

Total Posts:  35

I haven’t found that Drupal really takes up that much resources at all. Of course, I haven’t had the chance to play with EE and probably never will.. But it does seem rather impressive. By the way, isn’t Crucial built under Drupal?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

mr_dimsum - 22 April 2008 01:02 AM

I haven’t found that Drupal really takes up that much resources at all. Of course, I haven’t had the chance to play with EE and probably never will.. But it does seem rather impressive. By the way, isn’t Crucial built under Drupal?

Hello mr_dimsum,

I have enjoyed your posts and contributions very much, thank you.

You may have confused our site with a competitor.  Our site is an original CSS design with no CMS integration.  We do use Wordpress for the blog but that’s the only public software integration.

You should download the core (free) and have a good look - based on your feedback to others I believe that you will be very impressed by EE as well. 

Kind regards,

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

mr_dimsum - 22 April 2008 01:02 AM

By the way, isn’t Crucial built under Drupal?

Nope, I developed the system currently running on Crucial about 1.3 years ago.

We will be using ExpressionEngine/CodeIgniter shortly when we release a new design.

Drupal, IMO, wouldn’t even make my “Top 5” list if I were to choose a CMS. It’s bloated, resource-intensive, and as a developer/programmer, I prefer to either go the custom route or use a system (like EE/CI) that allows me much more flexibility.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mr_dimsum

Total Posts:  35

Thanks for the post.. I’m actually a member of Crucial Web Host. =) My regards for my sporadic support tickets.. You guys have been great.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community