Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

product image upload in version 9.17740 not working

neuromancer

Total Posts:  24

Hello,

I did a clean install of the newest version 9.17740 and am now in the process of adding images. For some reason when I try to upload the image nothing seems to happen.

I set the media folder permissions to be 777 but nothing is happening. The only hint I have is that on the image upload page it has information that says “Image type and information need to be specified for each store view.” I looked all around my admin panel for some kind of settings for this in the store view but have found nothing.

Im not sure where to go on this. I just want to upload my images for my products.

Any help anyone can give will be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

prjmax

Total Posts:  1

i have the same problem!… please Help!..

Magento Community
Magento Community

winzippy

Total Posts:  101
Rochester, NY, USA

Make sure you’re working within the appropriate store view. If you’re editing a product and it won’t seem to update, but the images are getting uploaded that’s probably the problem.

See the attached image.

Image Attachments
select-correct-view.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

neuromancer

Total Posts:  24

I’m using version 9.17740 it only has one store called the default store. I tried selecting default store view on mine and it still did not work

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Total Posts:  254

I have exactly the same issue with 1.0.  There’s no Store selector at all in 1.0 - any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

substrakt_jim

Total Posts:  10
Birmingham, UK

Yes, where has the Store selector gone? I think that may be similar to a problem I seem to be having - Configurable products display out of stock in v1.0 as they are showing a quantity of 0 in the product list - yet set to ‘In stock’ in the inventory…

Magento Community
Magento Community

JesseStewart

Total Posts:  82
Salt Lake City, Utah

substrakt_jim - 01 April 2008 07:50 AM

Yes, where has the Store selector gone? I think that may be similar to a problem I seem to be having - Configurable products display out of stock in v1.0 as they are showing a quantity of 0 in the product list - yet set to ‘In stock’ in the inventory…

If the product has an inventory of “0” and backorder is set to “no” then the product will not display.
A product will not display if marked “out of stock”.
A product will not display if marked as “disabled”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

redpen - 01 April 2008 05:42 AM

I have exactly the same issue with 1.0.  There’s no Store selector at all in 1.0 - any ideas?

Well, I added another store, and the store selector appeared, but the image bug is exactly the same.  I can’t change any images at all from the admin side, nor delete them… Somebody please help as this is a real pain.

Then I tried to delete a store, and the whole site crashed and now I’m manually having to go in via PHPMyAdmin to try to get it to at least show the front end… =(

Magento Community
Magento Community

groupthing

Total Posts:  40

winzippy - 31 March 2008 10:41 AM

Make sure you’re working within the appropriate store view. If you’re editing a product and it won’t seem to update, but the images are getting uploaded that’s probably the problem.

See the attached image.

I’m having the same problem with an upgrade from the .9 version to 1.0. There is no store view to select in the Product area. There is however that store drop-down in System>>Configuration. I also tried to manually switch the store by appending “/store/1/” to the end of the url (/admin/catalog_product/edit/id/188/store/1/).

***Workaround***
I went into the db via phpMyAdmin and edited Table: catalog_product_entity_media_gallery.
I made three entries for thumbnail, small, and base for my product in question.
After I saved the entries, and did an ftp to upload the images into the right directories, everything showed up in the admin and I was able to select which image would be thumb, small, base, and to exclude.

It’s not a fix, just something to do because it’s 2am and I’m busting my butt.

Image Attachments
snapshot_product.gifphpmyadmin_images.gif

Magento Community
Magento Community

sstark

Total Posts:  25

Im glad I read this BEFORE trying to upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Well, finally managed to fix it.  Had to go in an manually edit out all the ‘\’ directory slashes, because although the Magento guys had patched the front-end issue, the back-end was still unpatched and adding images still left loads of backwards slashes - why there’s not a constant for directory markers I’ve no idea.

So, all is well, I think.

See the answers from Core and Kittie in http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4246 for how to fix this problem.  Core’s fix is patched in 1.0, Kittie’s isn’t.

Magento Community
Magento Community

beowax

Total Posts:  94
Lille, France

I cannot add images to products :

/report/?id=120723803097&s;=admin
Cannot send headers; headers already sent in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php, line 191

Th eproblem seems to be :
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Product/Attribute/Backend/Media.php on line 83
[0] in Mage_Catalog_Model_Product_Attribute_Backend_Media->beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product)
[1] in call_user_func_array(Array[2], Array[1]) in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 494
[2] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->walkAttributes("backend/beforeSave", Array[1]) in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 1133
[3] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->_beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product) in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/Resource/Eav/Mysql4/Product.php on line 104
[4] in Mage_Catalog_Model_Resource_Eav_Mysql4_Product->_beforeSave(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product) in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 801
[5] in Mage_Eav_Model_Entity_Abstract->save(Mage_Catalog_Model_Product) in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 234
[6] in Mage_Core_Model_Abstract->save() in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/Catalog/ProductController.php on line 323
[7] in Mage_Adminhtml_Catalog_ProductController->saveAction() in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php on line 341
[8] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch("save") in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Admin.php on line 141
[9] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Admin->match(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http) in /var/www/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php on line 147
[10] in Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() in /var/www/app/Mage.php on line 424
[11] in Mage::run("default") in /var/www/index.php on line 40

Regards,
Antoine

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community