Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Specific user creation form for a user group

Charles Albert

Total Posts:  56

Hi all! I have a store where i want to make a user creation form only for a group, so i can control this group through the backend. I have medium-to-advanced php knowledge, and basic-to-medium Magento knowledge. So far (and to the extent of my knowledge), my options are:
- make an all new module with one form creating users specifically for that group (will get the code form Mage_Customer)
- make a customization ina a magento native module usin this technique: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/174/changing_and_customizing_magento_code#custom_modules

I will try all these options. If anyone have another options, or any observations ou tips or whatever, and want to post, i will be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community