Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Where is the magento base directory stored? 

holzi747

Total Posts:  13

Hello,

I’ve duplicated my magento installation and moved one to the folder magento-devel. I’ve also already changed the db connection in local.xml.
However, when I click on any link now in der magento-devel installation it directs me to the the normal magento installation.

Does someone know in which file this magento base url is stored? I cannot modify it in the backend because also there I get redirected to the other magento installation.

regards

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chrispix

Total Posts:  20

Have you find any soution? We’re having the same issue here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

rrowan

Total Posts:  46
Dallas, TX

You’ll need to modify the MySQL table core_config_data. You can do this through phpMyAdmin, there are two options listed for the unsecure base URL and the secure base URL, make sure you modify both.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community