Magento Forum

Inventory management : stock level per store

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

We’ve got 9 stores over 3 warehouses and the Aitoc extension works perfectly for managing stock at the store level.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Icicle

Total Posts:  4

I bought the POS extension from Mage world (http://www.mage-world.com/point-of-sale-magento-extension) and then installed the multi-inventory extension from AITOC (http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/AITOC,+Inc./extension/1823/multi-location-inventory). 

It was almost perfect but....the POS extension is not compatible with the multi-inventory extension. The multi-inventory extension caused a critical failure on the Sales >> Point Of Sales >> Order form. Any insight would be very helpful.  If I can get these extensions to work I will be one happy Magento, AITOC, Mage world customer!

Business purpose overview:
I need to manage inventory via an XML feed from a warehouse management system (WMS) for ecommerce retail site but not for Point of Sale (POS) site. Our inventory is physically separated at a warehouse and a retail brick store.  I would like to set the Point of Sale website to “Manage Stock = No” as the inventory in the retail brick store is kept in a completely separate system. Therefore, if an item has a qty of zero (or is Out of Stock) for the ecommerce shop, it will still be displayed in the POS site as it may be on the shelf on the store.  Furthermore, if a POS order is taken then it does not deduct from the quantity for the ecommerce site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

vonschommer

Total Posts:  10

How is the AITOC module been working out for you? Any bugs? What version of Magento are you running?

Magento needs to address this. Especially if they want to draw more enterprise business.

Magento Community
Magento Community

betterbatt

Total Posts:  53

Icicle - 28 October 2010 11:06 AM

I bought the POS extension from Mage world (http://www.mage-world.com/point-of-sale-magento-extension) and then installed the multi-inventory extension from AITOC (http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/AITOC,+Inc./extension/1823/multi-location-inventory). 

It was almost perfect but....the POS extension is not compatible with the multi-inventory extension. The multi-inventory extension caused a critical failure on the Sales >> Point Of Sales >> Order form. Any insight would be very helpful.  If I can get these extensions to work I will be one happy Magento, AITOC, Mage world customer!

I need to manage inventory via an XML feed from a warehouse management system (WMS) for ecommerce retail site but not for Point of Sale (POS) site. Our inventory is physically separated at a warehouse and a retail brick store.  I would like to set the Point of Sale website to “Manage Stock = No” as the inventory in the retail brick store is kept in a completely separate system. Therefore, if an item has a qty of zero (or is Out of Stock) for the ecommerce shop, it will still be displayed in the POS site as it may be on the shelf on the store.  Furthermore, if a POS order is taken then it does not deduct from the quantity for the ecommerce site.

Icicle just contact Aitoc they’ll be able to customise it for you. They have done a lot of customisation work for us I can’t recommend them enough.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hp7

Total Posts:  18

AITOC, Inc. - 24 August 2009 01:19 AM

Hello,

We have lately released an extension that enables admin to manage inventory per website. Please feel free to check it out here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1823/multi-location-inventory

We are looking forward to your feedback.

This is not the solution. We need it to be Store View, yours is per website which is not ideal

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Hello everybody,

Check out our Multi-Warehouse extension. It allows a multi-location inventory. You can create warehouses with their own locations. Keep quantities and product availability tracking per warehouses, calculate correct shipping costs. It has a built-in shipping rates editor, custom prices for the same product per warehouse, and more. There is a number of options to get it working in a desired way. Read more on the manual page. As an option you can assign a warehouse to a store or whatever else with several lines of a custom code if it is not built-in already.

Regards,
InnoExts

Magento Community
Magento Community

inventorysoft

I realize Magento has a good inventory management platform, but what if you wanted to integrate your warehouse inventory with your online inventory? It would make sense for Magento to integrate with inventory software such as http://www.fishbowlinventory.com. Would be great to have the capability to integrate with more powerful extensions. This could be a longshot with how high-end it is, but it seems the Magento platform should expand beyond the online store.

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Multi-Warehouse extensions allows to assign warehouse to specific store view from now. You can define warehouse specific shipping methods, areas, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community

downhom

Total Posts:  6
Boise, Idaho

inventorysoft - 26 September 2011 08:28 PM

I realize Magento has a good inventory management platform, but what if you wanted to integrate your warehouse inventory with your online inventory? It would make sense for Magento to integrate with inventory software such as http://www.fishbowlinventory.com. Would be great to have the capability to integrate with more powerful extensions. This could be a longshot with how high-end it is, but it seems the Magento platform should expand beyond the online store.

We have software that integrates nicely with Magento.  It’s called the Fishbowl EZ Connector, http://www.fishbowlezconnector.com.  The software will handle the inventory on multiple stores as requested.

We are Fishbowl’s Preferred Integrator.  I’m surprised no one at Fishbowl referred you to us.

Duane

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wyomind

Total Posts:  26

Hi,

We have just plublished a new extension a few weeks ago : Advanced inventory.

This extension allows you to manage stock in several warehouses and across all sales outlets.
You can automatically assigns to each stock item your specific delivery rules.
This also allows a single block update of stock data into your Magento database.

Regards,
The Wyomind Team.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dolestar

Total Posts:  41

Hi,

I’ve got a slightly different situation. 

I need to be able to turn stock management OFF for a specific store view, and let it remain on for another store view, but this is currently only a global scope - anyone have any experience of this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kamehameha

Icicle - 28 October 2010 11:06 AM

Hi Icicle,
My situation is sth in common as yours.
I am wondering are all your products the same price within the different stores?
I tried multi-inventory extension from AITOC on their demo site and create a Demo product. When switching among different store views, the price is always the same. If I edit one, the others changes too.
Since you are several step ahead, I think maybe you can give me some instructions, thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kamehameha

dolestar - 05 March 2012 06:42 AM

Hi,

I’ve got a slightly different situation. 

I need to be able to turn stock management OFF for a specific store view, and let it remain on for another store view, but this is currently only a global scope - anyone have any experience of this?

Hi,
Do you got any progress on this? I am in a same situation now:)

Magento Community
Magento Community

LimeCommerce

Total Posts:  13

Product Feed Management software can automatically update your “own products” and your “drop ship supplier products” with remote and local daily price and inventory changes and import this updated “multi-vendor product feed” into magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GraffxDev

Total Posts:  27
Scottsdale Arizona

You guys should check out this extension, sounds like what several of you are looking for.

http://graffxdevelopment.com/magento-modules/customer-group-inventory-managment.html

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community