Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Inventory management : stock level per store

James Messick

Total Posts:  4

Just to add my own twist to the problem, I want to use a different price and/or shipping weight (and carrier) for international orders, but share the inventory. All fulfillment is handled at a single geographic location.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

zmove
Guru

Total Posts:  317

Hi, I also need to manage stock per website for the same reason that a lot of people.

We will have several online shops all around the world (that will be managed with one multisite magento installation).

Each online shop will order big quantity to the society Headquarter and then have their own stock. When their stock are empty, they renew their order to the society Headquarter, etc…

That’s why stock needs to be managed per website in my case, even if products are the same behind, this is not a non-sense to not consider stock globally.

EDIT : I created a votre for the functionnality. Vote here if you want it :

http://magento.uservoice.com/pages/24441-magento-community-edition-roadmap/suggestions/286633-allow-to-set-product-stock-scope-per-website-per-store-view-

zmove

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello,

We have lately released an extension that enables admin to manage inventory per website. Please feel free to check it out here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1823/multi-location-inventory

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Alchemical laboratory

Total Posts:  23

I am see that im mysql database for magento is table cataloginventory_stock. But I am not see anything in admin to manage stocks.

select from cataloginventory_stock;
+----------+------------+
stock_id stock_name |
|        
| Default    | 

Magento Community
Magento Community

tasydney

Total Posts:  16

AITOC, Inc. - 24 August 2009 01:19 AM

Hello,

We have lately released an extension that enables admin to manage inventory per website. Please feel free to check it out here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1823/multi-location-inventory

We are looking forward to your feedback.

I purchased the AITOC module and it works really well overall. The only addition I felt it needed (desperately) was to be able to set the default values of whether to manage inventory or not at the store or website level through system -> config.  The plugin will allow you to use the ‘default’ values for each website when setting up individual products inventory control options, but it’s sort of useless because (from what I can see) there is no place to actually set the default value!

In my case I have a wholesale store that doesn’t track inventory levels at all, while the retail site does. The only way around it (correct me if I am wrong) was to update each product individually to not manage stock - which is very time consuming. 

I have communicated this to the AITOC though and was happy to hear that this would be making its way into future versions of the plugin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

US

tasydney - 01 September 2009 07:21 PM

I purchased the AITOC module and it works really well overall. The only addition I felt it needed (desperately) was to be able to set the default values of whether to manage inventory or not at the store or website level through system -> config.  The plugin will allow you to use the ‘default’ values for each website when setting up individual products inventory control options, but it’s sort of useless because (from what I can see) there is no place to actually set the default value!

In my case I have a wholesale store that doesn’t track inventory levels at all, while the retail site does. The only way around it (correct me if I am wrong) was to update each product individually to not manage stock - which is very time consuming. 

I have communicated this to the AITOC though and was happy to hear that this would be making its way into future versions of the plugin.

Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback.

To set default inventory values for a product please choose “Default Values” in the “Choose Store View” dropdown, then set the necessary inventory values and save the product (please see the attached screenshot). These values will be used as default.

What concerns not managing stock levels for the wholesale store, did you try to handle this for multiple products via Magento “Update attributes” feature? This should have saved you quite a lot of time.

Thank you.

Image Attachments
default values.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

benz001

Total Posts:  238
Sydney

+1 for this going in the core as well, its a strange omission when its already so close and there are so many obvious use cases!

Magento Community
Magento Community

loonytoons

Total Posts:  3

Is the aitoc module compatible with 1.4.0.1?

Magento Community
Magento Community

loonytoons

Total Posts:  3

Just heard back from Aitoc about this (really speedy reply, very impressed).
At the moment the module is not compatible with 1.4 but they are currently working on the update and hope to have it available very soon.

Just posting this incase anyone else wanted to know!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mariaapee243

Total Posts:  10

hello
thanks for sharing possible solutions with us. Keep updating

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

US

Hello everyone,

We’re happy to let you know that Multi-Location Inventory is now compatible with Magento 1.4.x

Magento Community
Magento Community

joust

Total Posts:  2

How about setting up identical sites with slightly different url’s ie. http://www.yourstore/region and develop a simple front page where the shopper choses which region is closer and goes to that unique shop with its own stock levels grin

Now can anyone help me I am trying to do what should be very simple. I have a range of products they are all the same just different sizes and colours how do I place stock value’s per size and colour not just global numbers ?

Thanks

John

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ron Schmelzer

Total Posts:  1

You might want to try the Yobiz eRetail IPS app which centralizes inventory management across multiple storefronts and allows split inventory from a shared pool.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Icicle

Total Posts:  4

I am would like inventory managed via an XML feed from a warehouse management system (WMS) for ecommerce retail site but not for a Point of Sale (POS) site (implemented extension). Our inventory is physically separated at a warehouse and a retail brick store.  I would like to set the Point of Sale website to \"Manage Stock = No\” as the inventory in the retail brick store is kept in a completely separate system. Therefore, if an item has a qty of zero (or is Out of Stock) for the ecommerce shop, it will still be displayed in the POS site as it may be on the shelf on the store.  Furthermore, if a POS order is taken then it does not deduct from the quantity for the ecommerce site. Does the Multi-Inventory extension allow me to do that?

Thanks for your help!

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

US

Icicle - 27 October 2010 06:34 PM

I am would like inventory managed via an XML feed from a warehouse management system (WMS) for ecommerce retail site but not for a Point of Sale (POS) site (implemented extension). Our inventory is physically separated at a warehouse and a retail brick store.  I would like to set the Point of Sale website to \"Manage Stock = No\” as the inventory in the retail brick store is kept in a completely separate system. Therefore, if an item has a qty of zero (or is Out of Stock) for the ecommerce shop, it will still be displayed in the POS site as it may be on the shelf on the store.  Furthermore, if a POS order is taken then it does not deduct from the quantity for the ecommerce site. Does the Multi-Inventory extension allow me to do that?

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

If I understand your situation correctly, it is possible. With our extension you can have the same item Out of Stock (yet displayed on the front-end) and In Stock on another website, managed as you need. Please refer to our Live Demo to make sure the extension works as you need.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community