Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 5
Inventory management : stock level per store

Romain_C

Total Posts:  74
Hossegor, France

...one more for this feature !!

Same reason here, an international company ship same products worldwide but from different physical warehouse that means having stock inventory on a store/website level.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

totomobile

Total Posts:  9

Any news on this?

I have multple clients who each have a store within the main website which they need to set qty for. Also would be useful to be able to associate roles-with-stores (or store views), so each client can edit only a certain store.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Total Posts:  128
Greenville, TX

If a more elegant solution doesn’t come up, we may do some modifications to the inventory code to check a quantity attribute [per store] for each product.

Another idea was to update the existing quantity attribute to a per-store attribute rather than global.  I’d have to do some investigating to make sure it would still be referenced properly and won’t cause issues with backorders, etc.

Just throwing ideas out there ..

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Greenville, TX

I was poking around some of the source code and noticed this in

Mage/CatalogInventory/Model/Mysql4/Stock/Status.php

/**
     * Save Product Status per website
     * @param Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Status $object
     * @param int $productId
     * @param int $status
     * @param float $qty
     * @param int $stockId
     * @param int|null $websiteId
     * @return Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Mysql4_Stock_Status
     */
    public function saveProductStatus(Mage_CatalogInventory_Model_Stock_Status $object,

$productId$status$qty 0$stockId 1$websiteId null)

{

etc

I’ll have to do some more poking around .. but it looks like it may be there, just not fully utilized yet?

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Greenville, TX

Initial Findings:

If I update the quantity and stock_status in cataloginventory_stock_status .. I can have one product ‘in stock’ in site A, and ‘out of stock’ in site B.

When I make a purchase, however, it doesn’t update quantity in cataloginventory_stock_status .... just in cataloginventory_stock_item (which is global).

When I go and rebuild the inventory stock status ( system -> cache mangaement ) it updates all rows in cataloginventory_stock_status to the global qty value.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain_C

Hossegor, France

Already a nice beginning for this feature.
It sounds that it could be possible to implement this functionnality by rewriting a module with the nice way : for being able to update magento, we should try to write it as a real plugin. But I’m not sure we can manage DB format with that kind of development.
According to what you’re saying, it seems that there is a table that should be updated , is that right ? It would be much easier if we can do it by updating code only…

Don’t have too much time right now for investigating in that :-(

Magento Community
Magento Community

bmartus

Greenville, TX

No changes to the table structure are necessary ....

The code that is decrementing the global qty value ( cataloginventory_stock_item ) should be doing it at the site level ( cataloginventory_stock_status ) and then updating the global value.

The ‘rebuild inventory stock status’ function shouldn’t blow away the data in cataloginventory_stock_status for all sites with the global value.

My guess is that Magento/Varien hasn’t finished this, and it’s a lower priority than other enhancements they’ve been working on (virtual / downloadable products, etc.)

I’m going to see if the rebuild function runs automatically—if not, I’ll probably just write up a little import script to update products at the store level periodically (daily, hourly, etc.) via some data feed from our inventory system .. or CSV .. or something .. and wait on Magento to finish the per-store inventory that seems to be already started.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chanchel

Total Posts:  43

Great work, on this.  Please keep us updated on the functionality of this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Put me on this list as well. We’ve got several large clients that really needs to control the stocks on Store-level.

Magento should be more like this:

Magento Installation
Magento Installation > Department 1
Magento Installation > Department 2

With the possibility of for example Department 2 to use its own Stocks ("Stocklevel 2) or use the Stocks for Department 1.

Many large retailsystems work in this way.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Directshop

Total Posts:  28
Melbourne, Australia

I too would be interested in seeing this feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Romain_C

Hossegor, France

The more I work with Magento the more I see how nice it is. Capabilities of extending / customising it are limtless but such features should definitely included in magento.

I can guess quite well we’d need also a per store configuration for administrators account, so that we could had some store managers that can work only with their data (products, clients, ....) without viewing informations from other stores.

These 2 features could make Magento a nice tool for building really more ambitious sales platforms…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Herve Guetin

Total Posts:  216
Lyon, FR

+1 on this guys smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

DDMAN

Total Posts:  179

I would also like to see the ability to update inventory on a per website or even per store level

Magento Community
Magento Community

tasydney

Total Posts:  16

+1 for this feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chanchel

Total Posts:  43

Does anyone know if the Enterprise Edition allows management of inventories at the website level?  I have sent three emails to Varien about it and they have not responded.  I would love to see this feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 5