Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Mage_Core_Modules unable to install - Magento 1.3.2.3

Torabu

Total Posts:  8
Canada

I get the following error (which is incredibly unhelpful for discovering the problem):

downloading Mage_Core_Modules-1.3.2.3.tgz ...
Starting to download Mage_Core_Modules-1.3.2.3.tgz (1,625,573 bytes)
done1,625,573 bytes
ERROR
connect.magentocommerce.com/core/Mage_Core_Modules not installed

Mage_Core_Modules no longer appears in the list of existing extensions on Magento Downloader, but everything seems to still function—Front-end works fine, as does the Admin. Whatever happened, my “Check for Upgrades” feature no longer works, either:

Exception caught:

Warningin_array() [function.in-array]Wrong datatype for second argument in {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/REST/10.php on line 680

Backtrace
:
#0 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/REST/10.php(680): mageCoreErrorHandler(2, 'in_array() [listLatestUpgrades('stable', false)
#2 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/pearlib/php/PEAR/Command/Common.php(271): PEAR_Command_Remote->doListUpgrades('http://connect....', 'beta', Array, 'connect.magento...', Object(Maged_Pear_Registry))
#3 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/Maged/Pear.php(234): PEAR_Command_Common->run('list-upgrades', Array, Array)
#4 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/Maged/Model/Pear.php(100): Maged_Pear->run('list-upgrades', Array, Array)
#5 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/template/pear/packages.phtml(49): Maged_Model_Pear->getAllPackages('list-upgrades', Array)
#6 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/Maged/View.php(59): include('/home/tatgaq7/p...')
#7 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(113): Maged_View->template()
#8 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(355): Maged_Controller->pearPackagesAction('pear/packages.p...')
#9 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/Maged/Controller.php(170): Maged_Controller->dispatch()
#10 {MAGENTO_ROOT}/downloader/index.php(35): Maged_Controller::run()
#11 {main}

For the record, I swapped out the Magento install path with {MAGENTO_ROOT}, just so nobody reads that literally. Any ideas what the heck is going on here?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

ibdmanhb

Total Posts:  13

Are you using Magento Connect or SSH and pear for the install? I had the same issue upgrading from 1.3.2.2 using SSH and solved the problem using the -f flag with pear. I don’t have a solution for Magento connect with the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Torabu

Canada

This is via the Magento Connect downloader. ):

Magento Community
Magento Community

ibdmanhb

Total Posts:  13

I don’t use Magento Connect as I have shell access on my VDS and find using pear much easier. Do you have SSH access to your Host? Its pretty obvious the update procedures have a common problem since both generate the same errors, I just don’t know what causes it. I found another post that was a similar problem that suggested using the -f and it worked for me using pear, nothing about magento connect though. Sorry.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Torabu

Canada

My host is Hostgator, so if they offer SSH access, I can try that. Thanks for your help. (: Also, If anyone knows how to solve the problem in Mangeto Connect, that would be fantastic.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community