Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How to write theme with easy Magento actualisation

Tomas Kapler

Total Posts:  14

I wonder if there are some best practices to write a magento theme (and maybe plugins as well). The theme we wrote is always pain in the ... to update when magento come with the new version, tons of things must be again rewriten and controlled etc. The same with the language packs - found the new nontranslated texts in that tons of csv files is horible.

I do not like default theme, i prefer better semanthics, less divs etc.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GKOVACS

Total Posts:  15

Have tried the blank theme? It’s avaliable on magento connect.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Incognito
Guru

Total Posts:  322
Michigan

only change the css.  You can make the core themes look very different with some css.  Then when you upgrade there is on issue because you only need to add your style sheets to the new templates

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tomas Kapler

Total Posts:  14

I do not want other, e.g. blank theme. I want my theme with my defined blocks, my div names etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community